Little Town (Nori and Bofur)

(𝓛𝓪 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓮 𝓓𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓢𝓪𝓷𝓼 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝓲)

Suggested by the lovely @lunawolf8074 thanks so much!

And btw, I am switching up the stories a bit so if things look a little out of place, do know that I did it on purpose!

-

After the horrors that the impenetrable Lord Smaug and Azog's wrath unfolded within the Lonely Mountain and the town of Dale, Dáin II Ironfoot, Lord of the Dwarves of Iron Hills in Wilderland, who heeded after the call of Thorin Oakenshield to battle, rose as the new king for the mighty supposed-to-be King under the mountain fought and unfotunately fell at the hands of such horrendous beast yet because of the brave sacrifice, Erebor was rightfully claimed by the dwarves once again. The now king under the mountain formed an alliance between the Elves of Mirkwood and the Men of Dale. Everything, for once, finally fell into an overwhelming sense of peace. Dáin had helped in rebuilding Dale and Esgaroth (Laketown) that was destroyed by fiery of Smaug The Terrible although soon enough, it was returned unto its former glory with Bard the bowman, the last descendant of Girion, as their king. 

It was as normal as the day could get. The town's market was lively and loud with the joyful chatters of the townsmen of Dale. In a small little hut found at the middle of the marketplace sat two dwarves who accompanied the fallen king back to Erebor, Nori and Bofur. The two were merrily eating and drinking as well as casually enjoying the light and jovial breeze that Laketown emitted. However these two dwarves did not have the only intention of chatting and eating in the markets of Laketown, the two dwarves, although descending from different families, had one sole purpose in visiting Laketown and that was to observe (more like gawk) at the most beautiful maiden that ever lived in Dale, Y/N of Esgaroth. King Bard's oldest daughter who happened to be fond of visiting the town rather than staying within her father's city. 

Everyday, cloak wrapped around her figure, the daughter of the king carried a red basket that would always be filled with various types of fruits and vegetables, sometimes even trinkets if she can, to bring it back to her "small cot" where Y/N lived that her father built, noticing that his darling gem's visits became more frequent as her heart really called out to the quaint but convivial town. Calling Y/N's cot as small was definitely an understatement, it was actually the largest one you could find within the village and with that, the identity of the king's daughter was not exactly hidden as she would like it to be. Yet despite the townspeople knowing of their princess living within their town, they absolutely marveled her. They would often call her Daughter of Esgaroth or Lovely Maiden and Belle

(𝓜𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓵 𝓗𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮)

The descendant of Moria took a big gulp at his large-sized glass of ale yet quickly coughed it back up, spilling unto his garments and onto the table earning a startled and annoyed look from Nori who was telling him a tale that was now interrupted

"What are yer on about, Bofur? You couldn't have let me finish me tale before you've done horrid on this table? Ha! What had gone wrong, lad? Too much ale for ye?" Nori shook his head, his voice laced with teasing which made the previously choking dwarf glare at him as he slammed the glass back to the table, wiping his mouth. 

"Nae, but I would consider me self a lucky one for seeing Y/N first." A smug look crossed Bofur's features as he saw the other dwarf's contort into disbelief, eyes quickly scanning the area outside and sure enough, there stood the said female looking beguiling as ever. She had on a simple white dress with a golden belt around her hips and gold embroidery onto the cuff of the dress in her upper arm, a red cloak was fastened around her shoulders and her usually coiffed (h/c) hair fell just a little bit below her waist into soft waves. All of a sudden, they both hear a sound unfamiliar yet oddly satisfying to hear. It was a pleasing, soft and siren-like laugh coming from the king's daughter. Her cheeks filled with color and her eyes danced from the light eliciting a dreamy sigh from both dwarves who had completely no interest in returning to their meal any time soon. 

She was just so... breathtaking, 

Thought the two dwarves who would soon know that maybe companionship was not strong enough because of just a silly infatuation , right?

wc: 830

-

(La Belle Dame Sans Merci) Art from https://www.deviantart.com/niceto/art/La-Belle-Dame-Sans-Merci-350122092 by Niceto

(Medieval House) Art from https://www.artstation.com/artwork/b0r9m by Jinwon Yun

(Scottish Warrior) Art from https://www.pinterest.ph/pin/482025966339068694/ by n/a

-

~

I had quite a hard time making this imagine because the dwarves' family tree were so confusing as well as Bard's :/

I hope I did it justice though! Please vote and leave a comment down below your thoughts and if you have any requests that I can [hopefully] get on with!

And yes, this was inspired by the song "Little Town" from Beauty and the Beast. Can you tell? 

-bee