Brightest of Stars (Kili and Legolas)

Play the song above as soon as you start reading, it adds to the feels I promise!

-

As the captain guard of the Woodland Realm, it was your job to patrol the woods daily and you were often accompanied by several other guards and the crowned prince himself which you permitted since he was actually a skilled archer like yourself (although your talent was definitely nothing compared to him) and a great friend of yours for a long time. Today would definitely mark as the most eventful one seeing as you did not only manage to secure your borders but also because you've caught the travelling bunch of dwarves and an interesting one within their company. 

The Feast of the Starlight was upon you and elves basked in this celebration for the brightest shines of the star yet you could not find yourself to enjoy it knowing that the kingdom had new prisoners within the dungeons and so you stood up, the soft fabric of your dress bunched up slightly in your fists so you could walk down the dungeons. What you wore was far different from the one you had on whenever you went patrolling or shifts around the kingdom, this time you were surprisingly permitted by the Elvenking to dress in that of appropriate for a celebration and in result, every elf in the Woodland Realm were clothed elegantly as you did. However, in your opinion yours looked as if you were about to wed to which Legolas responded that it was suitable as you were like the stars that shone bright as well as adding that he would gladly do so to avoid wasting such opportunity and earned a laugh from you. 

There were times wherein you and Legolas would make fun of each other and so this wasn't unfamiliar to you. Plus you also knew that Legolas would never mean what he say over the fact that he was the heir of the king that would never settle for just a captain of the guard and that you two were old friends. 

Your steps padded softly along the floors of the dungeon and walked towards the cell of the young dwarf who had been in your mind for quite a while ever since the occurrence within the forest. You knew that most of the captured dwarves were either moping in their cells from the soft grumbles and mutters or they were looking at you as you passed by. 

"What is that?" You inquire as the raven-haired dwarf throws up a blue stone into the air catching it after as it lands on his palms, shifting to glance at you. 

"Tis' a stone that holds a powerful curse upon who sees it." He answers as he shows you the stone in attempt to scare you yet he was only returned with a raise of an amused brow. 

"Or not." He adds, eyeing you up and down which made you feel internally embarrassed that he wasn't exactly subtle in doing so but as if sensing your discomfort (far from it actually), he looks away and instead stares at the stone now in his hand. 

"It's... a rune stone." 

"From whom?" You ask, going even closer to the cell, your slender fingers holding onto the wood that held it in place. 

"My mother, I promised her to come back. She thinks I'm reckless." He responds, letting out a chuckle before once again averting his gaze towards you. 

"And are you?" You question and the dwarf shrugs, tossing the stone once again but this time, it flies out through the spaces of the cell and the dwarf is visibly shocked as he kneels to see if the stone fell but fortunately, you were able step on it because of your quick reflexes. You picked up the stone and studied the runes engraved against the moonlight that infiltrated the intricate window set above, letting its light illuminate you as well and Kili immediately sees it, well you, light touching your skin that lit it up as if you were glowing and your pristine white dress did not help at stopping you from looking like a goddess in his eyes.