Reese

I stood in front of the mirror. I felt horrible staring at myself. It was like knots were forming in my stomach. I felt dizzy and uncomfortable looking at myself. My heart skipped a beat as I heard a knock on the door. "Hello? Maddie?" I looked over to see my best friend, Anna looking through the window of my cabin. She let herself if only to see me crying. "Maddie?" She came closer and wrapped her arms around me.

"Are you okay?" She asked me. I nodded and rubbed my tears off my cheeks. "Want ice cream? Will that cheer you up?" She said, smiling at me. I nodded again and she ran out to get some popsicles. I felt awful for not telling Anna about this. I never quite felt like I was in the right body growing up. I'm sure Anna would understand. Right?

As I slowly walked over to the mirror in the bathroom, I reached for a pair of scissors. "Maybe...It wouldn't look so bad?" I thought. I finally sighed as I cut off the first strand of hair. I get a tiny bit better. I smiled as cut off more. And more. Until finally it was short how I like it. I smiled a toothy grin. I looked better this way. 

"I'm Back!" I spun around quickly to see Anna, standing there wide-eyed. She stared at me for a minute. I felt tears build up in the corners of my eyes. "I'm sorry," I said, my legs feeling like noodles and my heart racing. "Why..why didn't you tell me?! I should have known! I'm so sorry!" Anna rushed over to give me a hug. "What-?" I stepped back a bit. "What should your new name be? Oh my goodness I'm so happy for you!" Anna said, happily. 

And this is when I knew. I had finally found the right friend.