➘ 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 — 2019
"Then what are you doing here?
You should tell him the same thing."

Sooji crossed her arms with Jennie's as they exited the van, following Lisa who already run away from their manager

Sooji crossed her arms with Jennie's as they exited the van, following Lisa who already run away from their manager. "I'll pick you up at 5," their manager shouted. Jennie and Sooji nodded and waved goodbyes before entering very familiar studio.

The three were supposed to meet Teddy to re-recording their part. "Oppa, we're here," Sooji shouted after Jennie opened the door. They got held by Lisa who stood in their way.

It wasn't only Lisa and Teddy, there was another person. Who Sooji knows very well. She knows very well someone behind the bucket hat.

Jennie and Lisa's heads turned for in second, looking at her worried. Teddy stood noticing the thick cold situation. "I'm gonna grab some," he paused, looking between the two people who maintain their gaze. "Snack. Yes, we're gonna some snacks. Let's go, Oppa," Lisa grabbed Teddy's hand as she pulled Jennie out of Teddy's studio.

Even when the three other people left the room, there was a long pause between Sooji and him. They kept looking at each other for couple of minutes.

"Y-you're here," she startled, "Oppa."

Jiyong walked to her side, and pulled Sooji into his embrace. "I miss you," was the first thing he said in years.

Sooji bit her lips hard. She tried to hold her tears. Before wrapping her arms around his torso, "I miss you too, Oppa," she whispered. Letting the truth feel towards him.

No matter how many years they fight. No matter how many unspoken words. No matter how many tears they let out, it only took a truth between them.

———

"Are you okay?" Jennie asked. She worried for her bestfriend. Yes, Jennie felt betrayed for Sooji not telling her she was in relationship with Jiyong. But Jennie's heart was hurt when seeing Sooji cried the whole night. She even called Hanbin to come downstairs because she had no idea why Sooji cried.

Later the two learned that it wasn't Sooji not trusting them, but it was dangerous. If Jennie and Hanbin know them, they would still get punishment by their agency, for not telling them about Sooji and Jiyong's relationship.

"I'm," Sooji paused, "I don't know how I feel, Jen. I'm happy that I met him, but," she looked at Jennie. The older understood, she wrapped her hands around Sooji's shoulder, "It's okay. Everything needs time. You need time, Sooji."

Sooji waited for Jennie entered the van when her phone buzzed. She looked for a moment before put her phone back to purse.

KJY : sooji-ya, can we talk?

———

Sooji knows she wasn't smart at academics, but she never know she was this stupid. She cursed herself seeing Taera was talking with someone. Ten minutes ago, her manager dropped Sooji at Yeseul's apartment lobby.

She forgot that Jiyong lives in the same apartment as Yeseul and Soohyun. Sooji was about to leave Taera and Jiyong who was in the middle of the talk when Jiyong noticed her.

Jiyong poked Taera's arm. The youngest understood and walked to Sooji's side. The two entered the elevator and Jiyong decided to wait for another one.

"He's not coming?" Sooji asked. "You want that," Taera said. "I'm not," she turned to the younger, "But you acted differently," Sooji let out a sigh after Taera told her.

Soohyun opened the door and hug the two, "Come in. Yeseul is in the kitchen," he moved aside and let the two walks, "Babe, they're here," Soohyun shouted.

Sooji and Taera see Yeseul with her apron on, watching a drama, "I thought you were in the kitchen," Soohyun spoke, he took a few seats from Yeseul as Taera jumped to Yeseul.

"I met Jiyong Oppa, twice," Sooji confessed like it was a sin. Yeseul glared at Taera who looked anywhere but Yeseul. "No, it's not Taera. Well it was something that Taera might not be part of it, but she wasn't," Sooji defend the youngest from the oldest's wrath.

"I met him coincidentally," she spoke. Soohyun coughed, "Coincidence," Yeseul hushed him, and made Taera move to sit next to him, "Oppa, she might eat you alive. Looked like she's ready to cut us in a moment," Taera whispered to Soohyun. The two remained quiet for the rest.

Sooji told Yeseul what happened today. How she met Jiyong again after years, and she even saw him again in Yeseul and Soohyun's apartments basement.

"So what do you think?" Yeseul threw back Sooji's question, "You ask us, how about this? Then let me ask you. Cho Sooji, what do you think? You never met him. You even visited Taeyang Oppa in the military a few times, yet you never visit him at all," she saw Sooji fidgeting her thumb, "Then he showed up again. Making you confused, when you just ended your relationship weeks ago, because you realized that in the end you still love Jiyong, no matter how many boyfriends you date."

"Well, I only date one guy after him," Sooji spoke. "And why did you two break up? You both realized that you still love your exes, right? Then what are you doing here? You should tell him the same thing. You don't need our opinion, Sooji. Because you always know what the best for you. And even if it didn't end well, you always know how you learned," Yeseul has been Sooji's friend for more than a decade.

"So who's cooking today?" Soohyun clapped. He knows the three rarely cooks for each other. Their pride over their dish made him rolling eyes instantly. Occasionally, someone would cook if it was on a special moment.

Like today, Sooji called for emergency sharing sessions they usually held every three months. Sooji would be the one who cooked for them.

"I will, Oppa. Can I use your kitchen?" Sooji asked for their permission. The couple nodded as Sooji left Taera with them.

"I'm not, Eonnie. I don't do anything," Taera whispered when Yeseul sent a death glare. "Really. Sooji Eonnie called me to wait for her. So I did. Then Jiyong Oppa suddenly appeared and told me that he met Sooji before. Oh, I was frozen to death. I kept praying that Sooji Eonnie want to arrive in minutes. And on the other side, I tried to shove away Jiyong Oppa. But he threatens me that I never miss him."

"Crazy," Yeseul spoke. "Yeah, that's right. That guy is quite crazy," Taera sighed. "No, not him. But their situation. I believe Sooji would end up with him anyway. He's her first love," Yeseul looked at Sooji who was holding the pan.

Soohyun nodded, "It's about time how they figured the rest. It only takes some truth to let it all out," he stared at Taera, "And how about you? When is the conceal you put on now gone?"

Taera's smile dropped, "No one should know about this. This is how this industry works right? We pretend to be okay every time. No matter how torn apart we're inside."

"No. No one should go through that, Taera," Yeseul spoke, "All you need is a cry. A closure. An explanation. Yet, you sat here with us, pretending that it was Sooji who had her heart broken too."

"You should tell Sooji about it, Taera. You know how mad Sooji would be when she knows it all too late," Soohyun said. Taera nodded. Sooji sent them confused look, as the three were quieter than they used to be. Taera smiles, "I hope everything going well with Sooji Eonnie."