➘ KNEWS

CHO SOOJI ANNOUNCED AS THE FIRST MEMBER OF YG NEW GIRLGROUP

May 27, 2016 by Byeol

After missing for years, Cho Sooji was announced as the first member of YG's new girl group. Her last work was in 2012 in Bridal Mask before the actress was never seen in any projects, besides appearing in YG's artist's music videos.

There were rumors about Sooji continuing her education or moving overseas, after Winter Season, Cho Taewook's agency, announced Park Gyeoul's hiatus to focus on her real life.

Since then, the superstar families went more privately. Only a few times are seen on their friend's SNS. Cho Taewook posted pictures of Cho Sooji only once a year to congratulate his daughter's birthday.

On May 25, Sooji was announced as the first member. Following the next five weeks, YG Entertainment confirmed that the new girl group would have five members instead of the originally planned ten and revealed its official name as Blackpink. According to a label representative, the group's name meant "Pretty isn't everything." and symbolized that "They are a team that encompasses not only beauty but also great talent."

On July 29, YG Entertainment confirmed that Blackpink's debut would be on August 8, 2016. Stay tuned for updates!