Yule Ball

"Professor?"

"Professor?"

"Yes Potter?" Mad-eye Moody answered.

"Can I talk to you about something after class?" Harry asked, smiling charmingly.

Ronald Weasley muttered about 'famous Potter' in the background.

Barty looked decidedly curious, but also suspicious.

"Yes, Potter. Now SIT DOWN ALL OF YOU!" He bellowed, slamming his wrist of his desk.

The class jumped, frightened. "Constant vigilance!" He declared. Harry chuckled to himself, and smoothly slipped into the front desk.

The door slammed shut behind the last student leaving. Harry got up, and walked around the room, checking for any spying charms. There were none.

Barty was watching him suspiciously.

"Barty," Harry said, pulling out a flask from his robes. "Give this to your Lord. It is blood of the soulmate, willingly given." Barty stared at him, completely baffled.

"Don't worry," Harry said reassuringly. "I wouldn't poison my soulmate would I? And I won't tell anyone about who you really are if your wondering."

Harry swept out the room, leaving a thunderstruck Barty Crouch Jr. behind.

That had been 2 weeks ago. The great hall glittered with lights, and snowflakes fell.

Harry had taken one of the Patil twins - he couldn't remember which - to the Yule ball.

He was distracted. It had been a month since he had travelled back in time, after finding out about the horrid things that Dumbledore had done.

It had flipped his world upside down, and it didn't help matters that he met Death that day too. Apparently collecting the hallows made him it's master.

Harry was moping. He had hoped that his soulmate would actually contact him by now - he had given his blood willingly for god sake!

"Harry?" A deep chocolate voice asked.

He turned, and his eyes widened in surprise.

Tom Riddle stood infront of him, looking no older than 16. He was wearing deep forest green robes, with silver lining. His hair was longer than Harry remembered it being in the chamber of secrets, and more ruffled. He was generally a handsome devil, with wine red eyes.

No one had really noticed Tom yet, presumably because everyone was mad at Harry for 'cheating'.

They stared at each other in silence for a moment, before Tom tipped his head, and offered an arm. "Care to dance?"

Harry agreed. As they touched however, an electric shock went through them.

Harry startled, and Judging by Tom's sharp intake of breath, he felt it too.