- - 11 - -

- - chapter eleven - -i'd never change

i'd never change

It was the day of the dreaded dinner party where Indigo was going to have to face her fears and accompany George to his family home, she wasn't sure what to expect and it was the fear of the unknown that worried her. She knew that his entire family were magical and that their home probably encompassed this but at the same time, she didn't know what that would mean and didn't know what they thought about her joining them for the evening. She tried to keep herself busy that morning by running the shop and working on orders when there were no customers around, making sure that she made an extra special bouquet to take to the dinner that night as a thank you gift for the Weasley family for inviting her to the meal. Deciding on what flowers to put in the bouquet was tough because Indigo wanted them to personify her feelings and eventually decided on carnations as they were commonly used to express gratitude and that was exactly what she was going for.

However, her time in the back room was cut short when the ringing of the phone cut through the shop and she quickly ran over to answer it. Not many people called over the phone because for the residents of the town it was easier to pop into the shop to place an order whilst they were out shopping. One of the only customers that placed an order over the phone was Molly, who had awful trouble with the technology which had once been blamed on old age but now Indigo knew that it was down to her wizarding background. Thinking that Molly could be ringing about the dinner that night, made her nervous but she rushed over to answer the phone because she didn't want to leave anyone impatient on the other end of the call. Taking a deep breath to calm herself down, Indigo tried to stop her breathing from sounding too erotic before answering the call.

"Hello, this is Indigo speaking, how can I help you today?"

"Indigo, why didn't you answer your phone?" Polly Parker's voice came through the other end and Indigo sighed loudly, leaning her head back against the wall as she couldn't believe she had gotten this worked up to receive a phone call from her mother.

"Mum, I'm working. We agreed that you'd only use this phone if there was an emergency."

"It is an emergency. I haven't heard from you in weeks. Now, when is the next time you're going to come and visit us?"

She rolled her eyes, glad that her mum couldn't see her through the phone. "Soon. I'm just really busy with the shop-"

"We're your parents! We are more important than your shop. You know what? I'm coming to you."

"What?" Indigo shrieked, standing up straighter and panicking about what her mum had just said. "You don't have to do that."

"Of course, I do. You're my daughter and if you won't take the small journey to visit your parents then we have to come down to you. I'm a busy woman, you know, but I'm taking time out of my busy schedule to come and visit you." There was shuffling in the background that hinted that Polly was gathering her belongings and preparing to make her way into town.