Chap 3: bury a friend

Lyla was forced by her dad to "guard" Loki's cell. She was really just babysitting. Grudgingly, Lyla stomped into the cell room. 

 Loki: Lyla

Lyla: What do you want from me? 

Loki: Why don't you run from me?

Lyla: What are you wondering? 

Loki: What do you know? Why aren't you scared of me?

Lyla: Why do you care for me? When we all fall asleep, where do we go?

Lyla: Come here. Say it, spit it out, what is it exactly

Edging closer to Lyla, Loki opens his mouth: I-

Lyla cuts him off, and says sarcastically: Step on the glass, staple your tongue. Bury a friend, try to wake up. Pessimissm class, killing the light. Bury a friend, I wanna end me

Loki: The debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no

Lyla continues the sarcasm: Then my limbs all froze and my eyes won't close. And I can't say no, I can't say no. Careful 

Now messing with him, Lyla says again: Step on the glass, staple your tongue. Bury a friend, try to wake up. Pessimism class, killing the light. Bury a friend, I wanna end me

Lyla:What do you want from me?

 Loki: Why don't you run from me?

 Lyla: What are you wondering? 

Loki: What do you know? Why aren't you scared of me? 

Lyla: Why do you care for me? When we all fall asleep, where do we go?

Frustrated, Loki walks to the other side of the cell. Why did he care for her? He mentally asked himself. "Your thoughts are very loud right now." Lyla smirked. "How can you hear my thoughts, Midgardian?" Loki demanded an answer. "Asgardian mother, and a Midgardian fathe- no, I can't even call him a father. How about a sperm donor?" Lyla used her favorite closeted nickname for her father. Yes, nicknaming runs in the Stark family. Loki was impressed. He'd never seen a Midgardian with such powers.

"Yeah, I find myself impressive too sometimes." Lyla agreed with Loki's thoughts. "Would you stop doing that?" Loki asked, now agitated. "It's kind of a second nature for me to read minds. Try controlling your second nature of being an asshole." On that high note, Lyla walked out. Now very impressed, Loki couldn't help but think that he had a crush. Lyla bursted into the Avengers living area. She grabbed a pack of sour gummy worms and checked her phone. It was blowing up with all of the "thank you, Avengers!" posts going up. Lyla smiled at each instagram edit.

Eventually, Tony and Nat joined Lyla. Tony immediately jumped into Lyla's case. "Why aren't you guarding Loki?" He asked. "For fuck's sake, he's in the strongest cell in existence. In a building with very good security. And currently housing multiple superhumans. He does not need to be guarded." Lyla said, not raising her eyes from her sour gummies or her phone. "I'm not going to take any of this teenagers shit. Go do as you're told." Tony said angrily. Nat, who had quitely observed the discussion form the sidelines, took this opportunity to jump in. "Lay off her! She's your daughter! She has a valid point, now use that so-called 'genius' brain of yours to acknowledge it!" 

Tony just rolled his eyes and stomped out. He brushed past Pepper, who had been watching. No one had noticed her. Lyla stood up, grabbed her phone and some more gummies. She purposely bumped into Pepper's shoulder on her way out. Hard. Nat and Pepper sighed.

Hey. Lol, the Billie Eilish song will come into play later, I promise. Now I'm gonna watch some Loki tiktok povs lol

Xoxo Liv