Chap 7: Always by her side

(A/N: to speed up the story....timeskip to the age of ultron. Which, by the power of  ✨author✨ has been moved to 2013. Lyla is 18, and it's September. Lyla and Loki have been secretly dating. Loki has been freed from his cell, however he cannot leave Avengers tower.)

Lyla flew through the air, way ahead of her father. She sent a big green blast at the H.Y.D.R.A. base's shields. The shield absorbed the blast. "Shit. Halliday, find me a weak spot in the shield." "Below the large window on the north side." Halliday reported back. Lyla sent another blast at it and the shield fell apart. "Clear path for entrance into the base." Lyla said over comms.

No one replied. Lyla sighed and flew herself into the base. It was her and her dad's job to find the scepter. Lyla was determined to find it before her dad. "Shitttt" Lyla winced in pain. A soldier had tired to go hand to hand with her. He'd punched her arm. She quickly killed him. "Darling, are you okay?" Loki asked through Lyla's head. "Yeah, I'm all right. Shit, that guy could punch" Lyla said through her pain. "Time to find my boyfriend's magic scepter from the terrorist organization that experimented on me." Lyla muttered. Back in the Avengers tower, Loki smiled to himself, having read her mind.

Lyla began to tap all the walls. "Wait, that's hollow." Lyla hit it with a green blast. She was into H.Y.D.R.A.'s secret room. Lyla spotted the scepter. She walked over to grab it, when she felt something behind her. "Be careful." Loki warned in her head. Lyla whipped around and pulled out her gun at the same time. There was a teenage girl standing there. And another teenage boy standing a few feet behind ber. Both of their faces were emotionless but oddly familiar. "Lyla?" The girl asked incredulously. Lyla smirked, grabbed the scepter, and teleported away. 

"Scepter secured." Lyla said over comms. "GOOD!" Hulk roared. Lyla grabbed her ear and doubled over due to the super loud noise in her ear. "Who said that Mr. Green should get one of the comms?" Lyla demanded. "We need to go, kind of like now. Clint's hit pretty bad." Nat said. Lyla immediately began to worry. Clint was her father figure. She couldn't lose him.

In the jet, once Lyla confirmed that Clint was okay, she sat next to Nat. Steve spoke up. "There were two enhanced. One with super speed. One who's like Lyla. Except she seemed.....weaker." Lyla decided not to share her episode with the girl. They wouldn't pay attention anyway, Lyla thought. "They really wouldn't" Loki agreed in her head. Smiling slightly, Lyla replied in her mind. "They wouldn't pay attention to me if I was dying." "What are you smiling about?" Steve asked.

"Nothing" Lyla replied. Tony stared at Lyla, not believing her. Lyla stared right back. They made awkward eye contact for two seconds, Tony's brown eyes staring at Lyla, and Lyla's uniquely colorless eyes stared right back. Then, Lyla broke eye contact and pulled out her phone.  

Soon they landed at the tower and Lyla headed to her room. Lyla grabbed her sour gummy worms and flopped into her bed, still wearing her fighting outfit. Then, the girl from the mission came back to Lyla again. There really was something odd about that girl....

Y'alls. I think I'm losing it. The number of times I wrote "Lizzi" instead of "Lyla" I can't even. (Lizzi is the name of my main character in my other marvel fanfic) I'm back though! The writing break did me some good. Hope everyone is doing okay!

Xoxo Liv