Introduction

Thank you for choosing to read my book, The Art of Drowning.

:)

This is my first book I've ever written so it may not be up to scratch just yet, but I plan to edit it as I go so please, if you spot any errors or typos don't be afraid to let me know! I've been wanting to write a book about this topic as it's very personal to me for a long time, but I've been nervous to do so as I don't want to do an injustice to it and anyone who experiences any kind of eating disorder.

Below are pictures of who the main characters are played by in my mind (although you can imagine them to be anyone you like of course. I've also put the characters' big three underneath their pictures hehe.

Enya Woods played by Lily Collins

☉♏︎ • ☾♐︎  • ↑♈︎

********************************************

Henry Clark played by Ross Lynch

☉♌︎ • ☾♒︎ • ↑♉︎

********************************************

Disclaimer

This story heavily evolves around the subject of eating disorders, which I know may be triggering for some readers. If you feel like these topics (specifically anorexia and bulimia) may upset you, please stop reading as they are one of the main premises of the book. I will go into detail and this may sometimes be graphic. This will be the only warning I include, so I cannot stress enough that this is definitely NOT the book for you if you feel like it could trigger you in some way.

<3

Although I have experience with my own eating disorder, I am in no way speaking for everyone through my writing as everyone's experience is different. Everyone's experience is valid.

Lastly, I just want to say that I'm incredibly grateful to anyone who reads my book. It always puts a smile on my face whenever I see anyone interacting with it because I never expected anyone to really enjoy my writing. It truly means so much to me when I get any nice comments or see people voting because a lot of Enya's story is my story. Excluding the romance of course lmao.

With all of that out of the way, I hope you enjoy reading The Art of Drowning, and I hope you have an amazing rest of your day :)

Thank you,
Grace x