#O.OO [ 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐒 ]

PROLOGUE:
SUMMER GHOSTS

⁎̩͙ ⁑̩͙̩͙ ⁂̩̩͙͙     ⁂̩̩͙͙ ⁑̩͙̩͙ ⁎̩͙

RIMURU STARED ON HIS WOODEN DESK, thinking something that's been bugging him for a while as he waited for his secretary: Shion.

"Rimuru-sama, here are the details I found about Summer Ghosts" she informed putting a story book down on his desks as he eyed it. "A story?" He asked while his citrine gem-like eyes averted on Shion's amethysts ones. "I-if you want Rimuru-sama, I'll search for more" she said tearing up with her pouting face holding her palms intertwined. "No, no, it's fine! Thank you Shion" he thanked and asked for some time alone.

"Rimuru-sama, they say Summer Ghosts are those creatures who hadn't found true happiness that's why they're commanded to serve others to find their happiness." Shion added as Rimuru nodded in response letting Shion slam the door shut, he started flipping the pages sighing as he read the first page:

Summer Ghosts came from the first devil lord, she was never named for she died right after she spoke to the God who allowed Summer Ghosts to exist. Folks stated that the devil lord traded her life for the summer ghosts to freely live─ "find your true happiness and may you all rest in peace, ghosts." That was her last words before losing her last ounce of breath, she raised her hand up high and angels as well as some elves witnessed how her soul went outside her body: a rotten soul got out of her precious beautiful body.

From that day, Summer Ghosts are treated freely. They are mostly being summoned every summer, Summer Ghosts are never allowed to betray their masters; nor choose another one not until their due with them or until they fulfilled their purpose with their owners. Summer Ghosts are souls who never found their happiness while their living, it's either they have taken their own lives even it's not their time yet or a sudden accident happened unlike other possessed ghosts, these are creatures who have a mission until their last days─ Summer Ghosts are creatures who just wants to rest in peace but they couldn't.

PRAYER TO SUMMON THEM: Summer is the recommended season to enchant this prayer, yet some summer ghosts prefer following your prayer during midnight (only 10% of them).

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Hear me summer ghosts, I wish for someone who could help me from this harsh life. I, (your name) would like to ask one and I promise to try to make this anonymous summer ghost feel what is true happiness during her living.

༺༻

"That's all? What does during their living mean though? But King Gazelle recommended me to summon a summer ghost though? Ugh, this is a trouble." Rimuru continuously whined as he cricked up his nose, "if I won't do it, Gazelle would probably lose some trust to me because I didn't followed his advice" Rimuru added pouting as he flipped the page until the last page.

He sighed and decided to let a day pass not letting himself stressed out by these topics, he has a lot of people he could count on to. Do I really need someone like them? Summer ghosts? ─ he thought and sighed shaking his head as he planned about the future of Jura especially that he's planning to summon Veldora these days...

────

He laid on his bed comfortably as he checked the window, a moonlight shines through the pane as the wind tried to get inside his room. Summer ghosts have been bugging him making him unable to fall asleep, he groaned deciding to leave his room heading out outside straight from the forest; he opened his hands as he asked some few questions from Raphael-san.

Raphael-san, are there any risks?

[ ANSWER, NONE. SUMMER GHOSTS ARE UNHARMFUL UNLESS THEIR OWNERS TOLD THEM TO DO SO. ]

Probability of this mission? Is it safe?

[ ANSWER, 85% SAFE. RECOMMEND TO DO THESE ENCHANTMENTS ON A CAVE TO REDUCE SOME NOISE ]

I see, sounds likes they're noisy.

[ INDEED THEY'RE CHEERFUL ]

Alright, alright

He headed on the cave where he assigned Gabiru to farm, he smiled and exhaled beforehand saying the prayer deep in his heart with pure sincerity.

And within a second, a blurry lady appeared in front of him with her bright smile as she sighed putting her hand over her head, she inhaled some air and clapped her hands speaking with her cheerful voice and seems like a sun beaming with hope;

"Hi, I am (y/n) (l/n), a summer ghost, Three Big Wishes is your command!"

───── ❝ author's note ❞ ─────

I am not a professional writer meaning you will find some grammatical errors, incorrect spellings, misuse of punctuations and many more.

I don't own any rights for the cover and the symbols used, I would like to put the owners credits if they want.

This book belongs to a genre called, fanfiction. That time I reincarnated as a slime does not belong to me, I don't have any rights for that anime/manga. It was written by Fuse and illustrated by Mitz Vah.

Nevertheless, SUMMER GHOST is mine. You own yourself in this story too as (y/n) (l/n), yet the personality and the other distinguished events are all mine, so I would like to say that, Please do not steal my work. It is okay to use this as an inspiration, but of course it's a different story when someone else's copied my works.

Enjoy! <3

───── ❝ summer ghost ❞ ─────

©aluxca
©that time I reincarnated as a slime