#07. 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐒

She was sure that a mere summer ghost like her could attend that Demon Lord's Banquet

***

“Milady, please let me attend the Demon Lord's Banquet as the representative of the Summer Ghost instead.” (y/n) begged with her own soul asking for the Main Head of the Summer Ghost who seem uneasy about (y/n)'s plead.

“Before I could let you, spill the reason. Thou shall not lie, or your soul will be shred and burn in fiery fire.” the main head stated crossing her fingers as the girl sighed blinking before she stared at her elders blank lifeless eyes.

“My first lord commanded me to do so, my lord stated I should protect him.” You said taking another step before asking the elder once again, “Can I represent the summer Ghost?” another time─ the elder declined. “Then why won't you come and assist him instead?” she asked suspecting one of her allies.

“Their assistance are already complete. I don't have any position to stand beside them” you said with honesty before the elder gave up leaving you handle the name of the Summer Ghost. “I shall warn you,(y/n). If you feel you're being controlled, it's your choice whether break it or leave it” the elder said yet you shook your head.

“Once I broke it, I will be cursed because of my disobedience to my lord” she answered with no hesitance and left the place planning to ask Rimuru-sama next if she could attend the Banquet too. Even if it means betraying her second Master.

“I am sure Rimuru-sama can help me. . .”

“once a soul was wounded, it may heal but it will have a scar.”

A shot was taken by you protecting Clayman from getting hit by Shion who's acting filled with rage and hate glaring at you who couldn't believe that you can afford to betray them.

“(y/n)!” Rimuru shouted as I felt a warm stream on my stomach. That's when I realized my elder was correct, instead of a clear liquid I saw a dark liquid overflowing on my clothes making me clench my fists. I clicked my tongue hissing in pain before trying to heal myself, what could be the scar? I know it's not just a literal scar.

I once took another gaze at Rimuru who seem shook by what he is witnessing I just smiled at him and continued fighting not feeling anymore when Clayman started using me as one of his dolls. A Marionette.

I am sure he knows what is happening, I know he's aware no one is harmed except me. I just smiled not regretting witnessing how Rimuru fought back with his friends and comrades, although I regret protecting Clayman this whole time. I thought I wasn't controlled, it seems that my blood has the spell instead of my own mind. . .

I could not bring myself to say sorry to Rimuru, he has a lot that I don't have. A body, a life, friends, and pure soul. If being a summer ghost will end here, I would like to say sorry. . . I am sorry for killing you.

“My second wish, is break off (y/n)'s spell.”

No this shouldn't be your choice, this isn't the wise one.