#08. 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄

OUT OF ALL THE JOB OPPORTUNITIES WE COULD TAKE, why being a criminal? Why being a hit and runner, why killing someone? Our hands are holding knife, gun and even poison to earn money─ a stained hands no one would ever dare to hold

I removed my mask covering my whole face making it hard for me to breathe since it's also blocking my nostrils. I panted and wiped my forehead full of sweat as  I threw the white envelope to the table flopping myself on the couch laughing.

“Hey bro, I finished my job” I said removing my gloves to prevent any fingerprints on the glass I put the poison, “sister. . . Don't you feel any guilt?” my brother asked staring on his hands who seem shaking the whole time─ I guess my brother is feeling guilty again.

“are you stupid? Of course I feel guilty!” I yelled washing my face with tap water as brother stood up. “Then why! Why won't we stop? Run away?” he asked slamming his hands on the table.

“We have talked about this right? There's no going back! Do you think you can still go live a life when you're here taking a life? Look, we don't hold pen. We hold knife” I explained wiping my face with the towel I got from the chair.

“We can still return from what we are, we're not discovered yet.” Brother stated as he stared at me trying to pursue me from leaving this country and try to have a new life together without any blood and crime.

I sighed knowing what pushed him to his limits, scrunching up my nose I rubbed my nose bridge and gaze at our wooden door, “What is your assignment” I coldly asked giving my brother a warning to better answer straight to the point.

“Mikami Satoru, my friend when we're in grade school. I was about to kill him, but he treated me dinner” he stated making me roll my eyes in disgust before snatching the paper about his next victim.

“I will handle this one if you can't” I murmured and ruffled his head smiling as I headed to my bedroom to sleep and prepare for another bloodshed tomorrow morning.

And that's how. . . I murdered Mikami Satoru in the middle of the street dressed as a guy pretending to be a middle age man instead of a feminine to hide myself since it says to the paper the victim must be dead at all cost and the deadline was that day.

How his lower comrade cried for me and the girl beside him made me crumpled up with guilt as I tried to shake it off. I clicked my tongue and brought myself in the alley where my brother and I should meet as he gets the bounty and I'll go do the assignment.

“I am done” I claimed removing my mask changing how I dressed into a beautiful lady who was about to go to her work, a tight skirt and a white blouse and my hair into a bun. “I actually have another assignment where I can earn millions” my brother mentioned staring at me who's wiping my sweat.

I raised my eyebrow and asked, “what is it? If you need help I am in” I assured making a thumbs up and there, I felt a sharp knife bury in my stomach coughing up blood before turning around seeing my own brother stab me directly to my stomach; he pulled it out and stabbed me─ twice─ and thrice in different critical parts of my body.

“You are the target who got millions in head, I tried to change your mind. But you said there's no going back, thank you. . . (Y/n)” my brother smiled with his last tear on his eyes before snatching the white envelope filled with bills inside.

If this is my punishment, I will gladly take it.

***

“Rimuru-sama” I muttered realizing I fell unconscious when Rimuru broke me off from the controlling spell, “I am sorry” I said crying before I felt his palm on my eyes making me close it. “I know you are, take a rest” He assured while I felt him carry me somewhere else.