Chapter 8 - First week of Disaster

"At least one of the popular student would be worth teaching"

~~~~~

1st person's POV

Me and Hermione were on the way to our first class. Jake helped us and other first years to reach the class. Harry and Ron weren't at the breakfast, so i assumed they will be coming to the class directly. While walking I could feel Hundreds of eyes following me. I was bothered by it but i didn't showed it. I felt a small squeeze on my hand. I looked to my left, Hermione was comforting me. I smiled and walked to class. I took the front seat with Hermione.

"She is the professor, isn't she?" Hermione whispered looking at cat that was seating on the table.

"I think so too..." I whispered back. And within in few minutes other Gryffindors and Slytherins arrived and then we could see blackboard writing 'Copy the rules of Transfiguration from your books'  And we started writing.

To be honest, writing with quill was troublesome. I practiced it with Jake but I'm not getting any better. I looked over my right, Hermione was struggling as well. I smiled and looked at the door.

"Don't wait for them... they are fool enough to be late on first day" Hermione whispered 

"Maybe but I'm worried...... and you know.. Writing with quill is harder then we expected, isn't it?" I whispered and she nodded smiling. just then we heard a loud bang

'finally'

We looked back and saw Harry and Ron running inside looking complete mess. I looked at Hermione and she rolled her eyes and continued writing

"Made it....Can you imagine the look on the old McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron said to Harry panting  and right then the cat jumped and transformed into Professor. I heard Hermione gasp.

"That was bloody brilliant!!" Ron gasped trying to melt her butter

"Thank you for the assessment Mr. Weasley.. Perhaps it would be more useful if I transfigured Mr. Potter and yourself into  a pocket watch..that may one of you might on time." She said savagely as I bit my tongue to stop my chuckle

"We got lost" Harry said. I tried harder to stifled my laugh 

"Then perhaps, a map?? I trust you don't need one to find your seats" She said and walked away and then I lost it and snickered  quietly. She heard me and looked at me. and to my surprise she smiled back at me and nodded her head to me. motioning to stop and I did. I looked behind me and saw Harry and Ron took seat right behind us

"Wrong day to over sleep, right?" I whispered sheepishly. They looked away not saying anything. 

"Transfiguration is one of the most complex things you'll learn at Hogwarts. Look there" She said turning her table into a pig and turned it again into the table.

I was watching it in awe just like others. "But.. as you all are beginners.. you'll start with small things.....Today you will try to turn the matches into needles.. and the ones who will make a mess in my class, will never comeback again" She said strictly.

 'that is rude'

She showed us how to transfigure it. As she did we all tried to copy her. There were many disappointed grunts coming in the class. everyone was trying. meanwhile I was just sitting there, wand in my hand but doing nothing.

"Any problem.. Ms. Kim?" I looked up and saw Professor McGonagall. I shook my head

"I was just--- just--" I stuttered not knowing what to say. Even I didn't knew why I was doing nothing. Just then, a small spark of light of light beside me. It was Hermione, she did it.