Chapter 3~ The Twins

"Good morning guys." Sophie called, walking into the shop the next morning. 

"Good morning to you." Flynn, another one of the few people who worked in this shop, called practically dancing through, a piece of sparkling tinsel warped around his neck like a scarf. 

Flynn was a very happy-go-lucky kind of guy, he liked to laugh and would never have his mood flattened by anyone. His looks matched his personality. Tanned skin, sunshine yellow blonde hair and pale hazel eyes. 

"Is Holly not here?" Sophie asked, taking her coat off and dusting the snow from her hair. 

"Yes she is, she's always here." Flynn laughed. "She's over in her corner." 

'My corner' was basically a small table situated beside the counter which I sat at when I wanted to concentrate on something. 

"Oh, good morning Holly." Sophie repeated, putting her things in the back room. 

"Come look what she's made!" Flynn exclaimed, taking hold of Sophie's wrist and hauling her over to me.

I held out the piece of mint green cloth I was stitching. 

Flynn took it from me, holding it up in Sophie's face."Isn't it so dear! It's for little Minty. He ripped his other one somehow, so Holl's made him another." 

"Flynn, Minty isn't little. Yes he's got lots of fur, but he's still fat. And he rips everything up." Sophie sounded unimpressed. "But it is lovely, thankyou Holly." 

Flynn bounded off like a fawn, laughing to himself about something. 

"I seriously worry about him sometimes." I muttered, watching him pat Minty on the head. 

"Tell me about it." Sophie groaned, walking round and looking in the till.

I continued to watch Flynn as he pranced about the shop, putting on a pair of reindeer antlers and a flashing nose. 

"You look beautiful dear." Sophie chuckled, shaking her head. "It's awfully cold in here." 

I reached behind us, pressing my hand to the radiator. It was off. 

"Flynn, turn the heat up for me will you." Sophie told him. 

He danced into the back room, spending about five minuets making weird noises then coming back in and sitting on the floor. He was probably the weirdest person I had ever encountered, but he made me laugh. He wasn't that bad. 

Sophie had taken down the picture of Shane.  Now there was just an empty space beside me. It wasn't right. He should always stay where he belongs. She wouldn't put him back though. She was as stubborn as a mule and wouldn't have her mind changed by anyone. If she took that picture down, she was not putting it back up. End of story. 

"Oh look at him." Sophie laughed, pointing towards Flynn who had got hold of Minty and was sprawled out over the floor, trying his best to attach his antlers to the poor cat. 

"Flynn, leave him alone. You know what happened last time." I said, smiling at them. 

Flynn let Minty go, cowering against the wall as Minty skittered off, his claws clicking against the wooden flooring. 

"What happened last time?" Sophie asked quietly. 

"You see the marks on his left forearm?" I didn't wait for a response. "Minty. He was hugging him too tightly and the kitty cat wasn't having any of it."