Chapter 11

"What is taking her so long!" Tord slammed his hand against his office desk, an exasperated sigh leaving his mouth.

He was alone in his office, lucky for him as he hated losing his cool in front of his soldiers. He paced around the room, his mind going back to (Y/N). He worried for her, but he was torn between worrying about her or the mission.

"What am I going to do with her?" another exasperated sigh leaving his lips as he slouched in his seat, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Tord's back straightened and his expression turned to one of shock as he noticed the picture frame that stood on his office desk. It was a picture of him and (Y/N), before the incident. (Y/N) had a hand over her face, shielding herself from the camera as Tord wore a huge grin on his face, teasing the girl for her camera-shyness.

His eyes softened at the memory or more so, memories he shared with (Y/N).

-

Tord made his way into the shooting range, paying for his usual hour with his rifle in hand before making his way to the shooting range.

As usual, he put on eye and ear protection as he got ready to begin his shooting. He kept his eyes on his own target, like usual, but this time. Someone caught his eye, it was a girl.

She seemed to be having some trouble with her aiming. Tord couldn't bear to watch the scene of the girl missing every shot, so he walked up to them.

"Hey, having some trouble with aiming?"

The girl turned her head to Tord with a shocked expression. They gave a nod as Tord asked for their gun to which they hesitantly handed over.

"Your stance is wrong. You have to keep your feet somewhat apart and control your arms to help steady your aim as well as for recoil control,"

Tord did exactly as he said, the handgun steady in his hand.

"Having a good grip on the gun helps a lot in aiming. Your forearms should line up with the gun, this helps with absorbing the gun's recoil. Now the hands, one should grip the handgun securely while the other covers your grip entirely. Now, squeeze the trigger smoothly and..."

Tord put his advice to use, taking a deep breath before exhaling and shooting the target right in its head, "Don't forget to breath,"

The girl stared in amazement as Tord handed the handgun back to them.

"That was amazing!" the girl said.

A blush covered his face as his confidence slowly withered away at the compliment. He rubbed the back of his neck as he muttered out a thanks.

The girl put Tord's advice to use and succeeded as she placed a shot at the torso of the target, her aim better than before.

"I'm (Y/N)! Thanks for helping me..."

"Tord, the name's Tord,"

"Tord, it has a nice ring to it!"

Once again, Tord felt his cheeks burn up at (Y/N)'s compliment. "Thanks, your name is nice too,"

-

Tord chuckled at the memory of their first meeting.

"God, I was such a nervous wreck back then,"

He picked up the picture frame that was on his desk, remembering back to when the specific photo was taken.

-