Chapter 16

"Tord... I-I have something to ask of you," (Y/N) said, catching not only Tord's but the other's attention as well.

Tord stopped his pushing, allowing (Y/N) to speak, a small frown on his face at the girl's attempt of delaying his plans once more. Yet he was also intrigued by the fact (Y/N) had willingly called him by his name for the first time ever since his rise to power. "Continue,"

"I want... I want us to be official!" (Y/N) blurted out, hoping to get this over with as quickly as possible. Tord's eyes went wide for a bit, but his expression soon changed to one of skepticism.

Tord, wrapped his arms around the girl's waist, his head laid in the crook of her neck as he hugged her from behind. (Y/N) could feel Tord's warm breath against her neck as Tord spoke. "Oh, is that so?"

(Y/N) silently gulped, trying to look away from the norski's eyes and in her attempts, she locked eyes with Edd once more. The tall brunette's mouth was agape, a heartbroken look in his eyes as he watched Tord cradle (Y/N)'s body. (Y/N) couldn't dare to look at anyone else so she instead turned her gaze to the floor. "Y-yeah, I want to be your... lover,"

Out of the corner of her eyes, (Y/N) noticed Edd's eyes widened and started to water a bit. Edd crossed his arms, almost hugging himself as a way to ease the pain in his heart. The sight of the boy, she had fallen for having such a dejected look on his face made (Y/N)'s heart break as well.

But this is the only way to save them

Tord tapped his chin for a moment before turning (Y/N) around to face him, their faces less than a few inches apart. "Alright then," Tord cupped the girl's face, their noses touching at this point. "Prove it,"

Tom and Matt watched in anticipation. Tom and Matt had blank looks on their faces while Edd looked away, not wanting to witness what he thought might happen. (Y/N) took one last look at Edd and with a soft sigh, she placed her lips upon Tord's. Who pulled her closer to him, deepening the kiss for his own enjoyment. (Y/N) stayed still, refusing to move and possibly angering Tord, but that didn't mean that she was enjoying the kiss. In fact, it was the complete opposite. She despised it.

Her guilt shot through the roof when Tord finally ended the kiss, allowing (Y/N) to look over to the three boys, only to see one of them had turned their head the moment she laid eyes on them. "Is that enough proof for you?"

(Y/N) had asked, her voice wavering a bit, hoping that kiss was enough to convince Tord that she had returned to his side. But, of course, Tord was quite greedy when it came to (Y/N). He had noticed how (Y/N) and Edd looked at each other. The love-sick expression they held in their eyes, it angered him. "Hm, how's 'bout one more kiss, just for good measure,"

Edd felt himself flinch at the word kiss. The word that he once dreamed of, turned into a nightmare. He didn't want to see if (Y/N) would actually do it, but he couldn't help himself from taking a quick peek.

The scene he saw was one that he would never forget. It felt as though his heart had been shot, the girl he'd fallen for, had her lips placed upon ones that weren't his own.

Once the two parted again, Tord made sure to keep (Y/N) close to him, no remorse or guilt could be seen. Even when he stared at Edd's dejected face. The only thing plastered on Tord's face was a smug smirk, a smirk that indicated one thing, victory. In Tord's eyes, he had won not only (Y/N), but also the battle against his 'old friends.'

Though that victory was cut short when (Y/N) spoke up, her voice wavering a bit, "Tord, I want to ask something of you. If that's alright with you,"

Tord turned his attention to the girl in his arms, his eyes a bit wide at the fact (Y/N) wanted to ask him for a favor. "What is it, dear?" he said with an unusually gentle tone.

(Y/N) took a silent breath as she hoped that her sacrifice wouldn't be in vain. She used her pointer finger to draw circles on Tord's chest as she talked, "Well, I was wondering if, maybe, you could... spare the boys?" the norski squinted, his eyebrows furrowed as he processed what (Y/N) had asked him to do.

"Spare them? And why would I do that, dear?" Tord grabbed a harsh hold of (Y/N)'s hand, squeezing it tight enough to cause pain, but not enough to break bone. He received a small yelp from (Y/N) as she racked her brain for an excuse. "Don't tell me you're still on their side,"

(Y/N) took a few deep breaths, trying to ease the pain enough to let her get a few words out, "N-No, I just," Tord noticed that the pain was preventing (Y/N) from speaking, so he loosened his grip. "Don't think their worth it,"

The three boys that were watching the scene stayed silent, not wanting to risk their lives or (Y/N)'s. It was clear that Tord had gone insane with power. Even with his own 'lover,' he didn't stop his violent behavior from taking over him. So, the three made up their minds that, for now, their smartest move was to stay silent and watch from afar, hoping for the best.

Tord looked at the gang before letting out a small 'tch' as he let go of (Y/N)'s hand and faced the British men. "You three better be grateful that my love here is so convincing," Tord wrapped his arm around (Y/N), who flinched at his touch.

This subtle movement caused Tord to grimace, he glared at (Y/N), who had now subconsciously turned her head to look at Edd, who's face showed concern for the girl. Though he didn't dare to anger Tord by moving closer. Tord wrapped his arms around (Y/N), hugging her before forcing her to bury her face in his chest.

"So, if you'll excuse me, I have an army to get back to," Tord said before making his way towards the door with (Y/N) grabbing his arm and following him.

"Wait!"