~

Kis sy abh arzoo-e-vasl karein
Is kharabi main koi mard
Kahan.

<><><><><>

Mature content in the chapter

Najia looked up as soon as she heard the door getting unlocked and for a moment she panicked but when she heard the confident and heavy footsteps, her heart finally relaxed knowing who's they were.

He opened the door to the room where she was sitting.
He swallowed as soon as his eyes took in her condition all the while she looked up at him with the most vulnerable eyes.
She was sitting on the floor, rocking back and forth while hugging her knees, her face resting on them.
He had an idea of what happened by the mess in the hall.
He opened his arms a little and she launched at him without second thought.

He caressed her hair.
Her tears wetting his shirt.

His own tears threatened to escape his eyes but he had to be strong for his girl.
She had suffered so much and he couldn't do anything.

He picked her up and went to his room, sat on the bed with Najia still clinging to him.

He didn't speak.
He let her speak.
Every word of hers piercing through his body and breaking his heart again and again.

"s-sch m-main b-boht try Kia H-Hadi m-Mera y-yakeen m-many..... L-lekin h-hum Har g-gy... I'M SORRY" she cried and all he wanted to was take all of her pain away.
To take every insecurity and every thought out of her head but he couldn't.

"baby....meri taraf dekho... My beautiful girl... Please.." he pleaded when she continued to sniff.
She finally looked up at him and he cradled her delicate face in his hands and rubbed his calloused thumbs on her cheeks making her close her eyes.

"my Najia isn't like this. My Najia doesn't give up.
My Najia never gives up."
He whispered.
She looked at his eyes and then looked away almost instantly.

"you're the most important part of me Najia.
This husband of yours is nothing without you.
You're an essential part of me.... I don't function without you.
You are the reason I'm here today....
you know there was a time when I wanted to give up so badly but the thought of you.... The thought of my wife being disappointed in me didn't sit well with me.
You are the sole reason I am even alive today."

"and you are my only reason" she whispered

She caressed his stubble covered jaw and neared her face to his.
He looked in her eyes.
She lowered them.

He proceeded to kiss her right cheek, then her left one.
"you're so beautiful.... So gorgeous"
His lips making contact with both her eyes.
Her forehead next and at last his breath fanned her lips.