~

اس کے چہرے کی چمک کے سامنے سادہ لگ
آسماں پہ چاند پورا تھا مگر آدھا لگا

Uske chehre ki chamak ke samne sada
laga
Aasman pe chand pura tha magar aadha laga

<><><><><><>

As soon as Najia saw the name on the phone her heart started beating a little faster

She wasn't scared.... Just anxious.

She hadn't received any calls from her parents or her siblings since she had moved away and even though she didn't have the best relationship with them, her heart still hoped that they'd care or at least just think about her, just the way she did.

She had tried calling them everyday but neither of them would bother picking up her call.

'they're just busy' she kept lying to herself.

Finally she picked it up with trembling hands.
As soon as Najia put the phone to her ear her mother's loud voice startled her.

She put her other hand in Hadi's hair and stroked it.

"w/Salam mama...kya Hal hai apka?" she asked and the older women respond.
"main bilkul Tkh hun beta tum sunao? Hadi kesa hai?"
"Alhadulillah wo bhi tkh hain.."
A frown making it's way to her face at the overly sweet tone.

"Han bss yeh btany ky lie phone Kia Tha k hum sbh tum dono sy milny a rhy hain...rasty main ji hain... Bss ek ghanty tkh pahonch jayen gy" Najia panicked and bid her mother a stuttering goodbye which she surprisingly did not notice.

She shook hadi's shoulders and the hulk like man only snuggled more into her body.
She sighed and neared her mouth to his ear.
"Hadi.... Uthay na..."
He only groaned and groped her under the sheets.