01. impossible

The two retired spies stared at the monitor in front of them with determination

The two retired spies stared at the monitor in front of them with determination. Their whole purpose being nothing more than revenge for those who lost their lives, also for the ones who lost their loved ones.

None of them dared to look at the other, the mission was more important than their relationship father and daughter. Now, what mattered was business.

"Target?" The older assassin asked.

"Akihiko, he's a Yakuza boss. Killed many, until know" they glanced at each other for the first time in days and nodded once.

"I want you up with the arrows, I'll handle the ground" even tho she wanted more, she nodded and complied. Both of them left the safe house and headed to where they were supposed to.

Lady Moon wanted to kill those people as much as Ronin did, but after what happened the last time, the latest decided that she should take some time off from the physical fight. They couldn't afford the way she murdered the last gang. It was too harsh and way too outstanding, the police wouldn't let that slip.

The younger assassin positioned herself on a rooftop with clear vision of what was happening down below. When she heard a whistle she took her bow and started attacking. One by one, members of the Japanese gang were falling dead.

Hearing a crackled behind her she turned around and prepared her blades. She tilted her head at the unwanted presence and started to fight the criminal that found her. Using her weapon to make critical cuts, he was dead almost immediately, bleeding out on the floor.

"You went a little harsh there, didn't you?" Her head snapped to the side, where a tall skinny boy was getting close to her with an umbrella as it was raining.

"You shouldn't be here" she stated as she cleaned her blades.

"Neither should you" Thomas added. She shook her head and placed her weapons on her back.

"I've got a job to do" she looked at him directly in the eyes. They showed sadness and hope at the same time. She didn't have hope anymore, just sadness.

"Is that what you're calling this? Killing all these people isn't gonna bring your family back. This," he pointed at the dead figure on the floor "isn't going to bring him back".

She putted on a stoic mask, to cover her truly unwanted feelings. He sighed while taking a step closer.

"There's a chance for them to come back, but we can't do it without a little help" she adverted his gaze, causing him to move his head so she would look at him "What do you say? One for the old times?" He smiled a little bit as she seemed to think about it.

"Don't try to give me hope" she softly spoke, her voice finally showing emotion after 5 years.

"I promise you, we'll bring them back" Thomas took her hands on his and pleaded with his eyes for her to join them.