04. you lot are crazy

After rather eventful experiences, the Avengers reunited at the HQ, in the the Quantum platform everyone looks around to see all the recovered stones

"Did we get them all?" Bruce asked looking around, checking all the stones.

"You telling me this'll actually work?" Rhodes smiled until everyone realised there was something missing. Or worst. Someone.

"Clint, where's Ana?" Bruce asked as the redhead and the father kneeled down, both silently crying for their loss. Their silence told them everything,

The mission was completed but at a dire cost. Sadness overtook everyone, as the adults looked at each other, trying to come up with a way of comforting them, Tommy chuckled bitterly.

"This is a joke, right?" Everyone, even the two at the floor, looked at him "Is this like last time? Where is she this time? Is she back at Wakanda? Does she want to be there once Pietro is back or something?" He quickly asked, ignoring the pleading looks of Clint and Nat to understand. To understand that his best friend, his sister, was dead. And this time she wouldn't come back.

"Thomas" Steve tried to place his hand on his shoulder, but he took a step back and pointed a finger at him with tears running down his cheeks.

"This isn't funny Steven. So I'm going to ask for the last time. Where is Anastasia?" He harshly spoke as Nat sighed.

"She's dead" she whispered, not being able to speak correctly. The fear or braking down in front of everyone consumed her.

"No she's not" he snapped.

"Yes, she is! She's dead and there's no coming back this time, Thomas!" Nat snapped back, getting to her feet as Rhodes went to Clint's side, holding him while he sobbed.

"You're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right?" Thor quickly spoke, siding with Thomas on the fact she was alive "So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together".

"We can't get her back" Nat softly spoke, Tommy had enough of it and an earthquake made everyone having trouble to stand up.

Once it ended Clint continued "It can't be undone. It can't".

Thor dryly laughed at this "I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And 'can't' seems very definitive don't you think?"

"Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my paygrade here. But she still isn't here, is she?"

"No, that's my point-"

"It can't- be undone. Or that's at least what the red floating guy had to say" Clint took a deep breath before getting to his feet and yelling "Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? GO GRAB YOUR HAMMER, AND YOU GO FLY AND TALK TO HIM!" His anger was quickly replaced with grief "It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it".