08. the fuck!

Purple

Purple.

That's the first thing her eyes saw as they opened. It had white little spots, that look too similar to starts but it couldn't be it. Turning her head to the right, there was blood all over the stone her body lied on. Looking at her left, her arm was near her face.

Anastasia sighed, she was supposed to be gone. She knew where she was, but didn't understand how or why. It wasn't that she enjoyed being dead, because really, seeing the people she loved cry over her wasn't the best activity ever.

But when you die, like really die not fake your death, just die. You're supposed to stay like that.

A bright light overcame the darkness that surrounded her, and suddenly she was covered in water. Sitting up, her lungs breathed the air she had missed for a long time.

"Come on, Anastasia. We don't have all day" she heard from behind, a faint voice that sounded almost angelic. But also had authority in it.

"God?"

The voice chuckled, and shook his head even tho she couldn't see "When you explain to Pietro what happened, skip that part".

Turning around with a smile, she saw a familiar face "Steven!" Hugging him tightly, she inhaled his scent that smell like vanilla. I don't know why.

"Let's go, kiddo" Steve patted her back, pulling away with a sad smile "You have a long travel to make. Well, it would feel like a short one".

"What do you mean? How am I alive? Are you dead? Is this some kind of joke? Did Tony made this? Tony you better stop with this!" She shouted to no one in particular.

"A soul for a soul" her eyes widened in realisation.

"You gave up the soul stone..."

"Yes"

"So now I'm back..."

Steve smiled once more "Go, Ana. They're waiting for you" she nodded, hugging him one last time.

"Wait" Ana furrowed "What about you?" This caused him to sigh.

"I'm not coming home" at her confused expression, he clarified "The 21st century was never mine. I didn't belong there".

"So you're going back to the 40s?" He nodded "Ok, then. It was a pleasure to work with you, captain. But more of a pleasure to meet you, Steve Rogers. Have a nice life" they smiled at each other, tears in their eyes as they were both going home.

"Have a nice life, Anastasia"

Sam furrowed, the machine wasn't working and Steve wasn't coming back. He kept pressuring Bruce, but the genius didn't know what was happening either. He sighed in relief when it made a sound before yelping.

"The fuck!"

"So Steve left" Clint repeated for the tenth time, his face red from crying as his children and wife sat around the dinning table. Anastasia nodded, with Nathaniel on her lap, her hands caressing his hair and her other two siblings in each side of her, clinging to her sides.