october 12, 1969 - morning

property of andrew hozier-byrne
the way she tells me i'm hers and she's mine
open hand or closed fist would be fine
the blood is rare and sweet as cherry wine

(TW: mentions of abuse)
(you saw the cherry wine lyrics you know exactly where this chapter is going)
-

andy usually wakes up before judy even stirs. sometimes it's boring, waiting for her to come to.

but most of the time, he gets to watch as the sun graces her face from her eyelashes to her lips, covering her in a gentle light. he gets to watch her eyes move around behind her eyelids, her dreams slowly coming to a close. and, like the prince did for his sleeping beauty, andy gets to kiss her awake.

and he wouldn't trade that for the world.

this morning was no different. andy leaned over and pressed a slow, gentle kiss to judy's jawline, making her lips curl into a sleepy smile. "hey," he whispered.

stretching out her legs, judy let out a small groan. "mornin'," she replied, her eyes slowly opening to andy's face. her smile widened. "got anything planned for today?"

andy moved so that he was hovering over judy. "well," he started, "it's sunday, so we don't have to deal with the store," he leaned down and pressed a kiss to her shoulder, "i don't have a gig today," he kissed her neck, "and you have nowhere to be as far as i'm concerned," he said, kissing her cheek.

"so i'm trapped here? is that what i'm hearing?"

"would you like to be?"

judy looked around, pretending to ponder the decision heavily. "i wouldn't be opposed," she said as andy leaned in for a kiss. their lips met and fit together like puzzle pieces.

andy's hand found its place in judy's hair as the kiss deepened. before it could go any further, the phone rang. andy groaned, burrowing his head in the crook of judy's neck.

"i picked it up last time," said judy.

andy let out another spiteful groan before getting up to answer the phone. "hello?"

"andrew? it's mack from the grizzly."

"oh, hey, mack. what can i do for you?"

"listen, we had a band who was gonna do a set tonight but they bailed last minute. do you think you could come in around 7?"

andy looked over towards the open bedroom door, where judy lay. "i don't know, man, it's kind of my day off," he said skeptically.

"i'll match your tip."

now that was hard to bail out on.

he let out a deep sigh. "alright, er, i'll see you at 7?"

"7. thanks so much, man, i owe you."

"not a problem, mack. i'll see you tonight."

andy's mind began to race as soon as he hung up the phone. will judy be mad? how can i tell her that i'm working tonight without her getting mad? what can i do to keep her from getting mad?