Chapter 2

I started my skincare line, SKN five years ago but it did not blow up until three years ago when Freya Grey spoke about my products on her instagram page. That exposure was the fire that I needed to start going hard at my business as everything on my website sold out the day Freya spoke about it.

Since Freya helped put my name out there, we decided to collaborate and we came out with this hydrating serum that everybody love. This was when I made my first million which was such a huge milestone for me. Everybody started using my skincare products after that and business has been better than I could have ever anticipated.

Once people started seeing me at different Hollywood events, I was invited to model for some brands which helped increase my online presence and popularity.

I was able to purchase an actual building to work in and employ two hundred people. For the past year, I have been dabbling in makeup and I am happy to announce that I will be launching a cosmetics line this year.

"In the last forty eight hours, sales have gone up by forty two percent which is pretty good." Daniel, a member of my team tells me. "While your name is fresh on the headlines, we should capitalize off this moment by promoting your products and releasing some of the new stuff."

I nod my head in understanding

"We have many people reaching out to us for an interview on your relationship with Michael." Caleb works as my global strategic advisor. "However, there are some talk shows that are willing to speak about your skincare brand and do live demonstrations."

"Has anybody in the beauty industry asked for me?" Caleb nods before I can even finish my question.

"ClevverTV and Buzzfeed are willing to do a collaboration where they test out your products." My eyes widen delight. "Most beauty influencers have done reviews on your products so you can feature on some of their YouTube pages to promote the new stuff. In the black community, Jackie Aina is a really good one to collaborate with and we could even do a makeup video with NikkiTutorials."

"That would be amazing." I beam.

Daniel looks at me, "The website is getting thousands of views daily so we could go live on the website with a demonstration and you need to be active on your social media. At this point, we need to start teasing the beauty brand so I want you to start speaking about it and get the fans guessing in your posts."

"With that being said, we need to start shooting some promotional pictures for the eyeshadow palettes." I state. "We need to find more ways to advertise because not everybody is on social media."

Caleb clears his throat, "We were thinking of getting you your very first billboard."

"Really?" I blink back tears because SKN is my baby and we're growing so much.

"You deserve it, Petra." Daniel pats my hand. "We're going to be bigger than ever."

---