Chapter 4

Michael and I have not spoken much since the whole instagram situation so you can only imagine my surprise when I saw him at my house.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as we share a brief kiss. "I thought I took my key back."

"I wanted to see you." Michael surprises me by handing a me a bouquet of white roses which makes me smile. "And I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for hurting you. I understand that my actions affected you and that wasn't my intention."

"Thank you for this." I gesture to the roses. "I have a question though."

"Shoot."

I rub my lips together, "It's been two years since you and Amber got divorced. Have you moved past that stage or are you in search of closure?"

Michael snorts, "Why would I need closure?"

"Because she filed for divorce." I remind him and he closes his eyes for a moment. "I know that she ended things with you and you probably went along with it because you knew that she wasn't going to change her mind."

 "Petra." Michael sighs.

"We have been together for seven months now and I need to know that I'm not some rebound waiting to get tossed aside." I set the roses down on the table. "If you're not over your marriage, I understand but it's something that I would like to know."

"If I'm being truthful, it was a huge blow to my ego when she told me that things were over between us

"If I'm being truthful, it was a huge blow to my ego when she told me that things were over between us." Michael smiles sadly. "This was the first woman that I proposed to and married so that shattered that dream. We built a life together so it has been a huge adjustment going from married to single then meeting you... I don't know what to say. I was not expecting myself to fall for you."

"What did you expect?" I ask while biting down on my bottom lip.

"I don't know." Michael confesses. "But I wasn't expecting this."

Ok.

"I love you, Petra." His words make me smile. "That's what I do know and I don't want to ever lose you. I truly am sorry for disrespecting you."

"Don't do it again." I pout and he laughs as he pulls me in for another kiss. 

"I got a little surprise for you." Michael throws his arm around my shoulder as he leads me into my dining room and my jaw drops as I notice all the roses in the room. "Surprise."

"Oh shit." I cover my mouth in shock as I look around the room which is filled with roses. "I feel like that bitch."

I look down at the table and notice that he prepared breakfast for us which actually looks pretty yummy considering that he isn't the biggest cook. I turn back to see Michael filming me on his phone so I smile at the camera before turning my attention back to the room.

"Who is going to clean this up?" I ask and we burst out laughing but it's a legitimate question. Nobody ever talks about the clean up process, these are real roses and they bring bugs that I do not want in my house.