Chapter 6

Petra: WE LUV NAPA 

Petra: WE LUV NAPA 

2 ,000,000 likes ~ 7,000 comments

---

It's a little after eight in the morning and we are beginning our six and a half hour drive back to Los Angeles. Amerie took a flight back home since she had work obligations but the rest of us have nothing planned which is why we decided to make the long drive.

I thought that it would be a cute road trip moment but we woke up tired and hungover from our previous festivities.

"This song is going to get us all in the mood." Odell says while connecting his phone to the speakers and I groan while resting my head against the window.

If you want it, yeah
You can have it, oh, oh, oh
If you need it, ooh
We can make it, oh
If you want it
You can have it

"It's too early for this shit." Lauren rubs her face as she relaxes in the passenger seat. "The only thing that will get me in the mood is food in this belly of mine."

"Not our fault that y'all skipped out on breakfast." Michael snorts. "That's what happens when you get drunk on wine."

"And on that note..." Odell turns the volume down. "MAKING MY WAY DOWNTOWN, WALKING FAST..."

"Faces pass and I'm homebound." Michael sings along and I find myself laughing as the guys start shaking their heads like Terry Crews in White Chicks. "Cause I need you."

I crinkle my nose while joining in, "And I miss you."

"And now I wonder..."

The vocals may not have been hitting but that moment definitely lightened the mood and reminded of us we decided to drive back. Our lives are so busy now that we don't get to spend much time together so we want to make the most of the moment because who knows when it will happen again.

"I don't think we are going to see any drive-throughs for a couple of hours." Odell says while glancing back at us and I pull a face. "If we want to eat then we'll need to go into a town and find a restaurant or something."

"We don't know any of the towns here." Michael perks up. "If this is the white people area that we fear then they'll have us hanging at the front of the restaurant before we can even receive the check. Can't be playing with our lives like that."

Lauren and I burst out laughing because it seems so ridiculous.

"The most they'll do is stare at us in this day and age."

Odell kisses his teeth, "These girls will be the reason why we die first."

"Ignorance is bliss." Michael mumbles while pulling out the small map that we got from Napa. "I'm going to try spot something familiar on this map."