Chapter 5

MichaelBJordan: Look at all that SKN

tagged: Petra, SKN

3,000,000 likes ~ 14,000 comments

---

My favourite thing about my Petra Beauty team is that it's women led. I wanted to create an empowering team that can show the world that women can lead AND succeed so this brand is much more than just makeup. 

We are scheduled to launch in a couple of weeks but we have fallen behind on our schedule. I believe that everything will fall into place but we still have to plan our first launch, brainstorm the photoshoot and discuss our different methods of advertising.

"The first photoshoot for Petra's Beauty should be simple, the standard shot from the shoulders up with a plain background." I tell the team. "This will be our first launch and the first is always the most important so we need to hype up the eyeshadow as much as possible. Anything can go wrong so I don't want us going all out and then having it backfire on us."

A member of my team speaks up, "What could go wrong?"

"Once we ship out our orders, it's out of our hands which means that some people may received damaged packages or broken eyeshadows which will fall back on us. People will talk about us spending all our money on the shoot rather than the quality of the product." I respond and they nod their heads in understanding. "We are already behind so let's try not to complicate it too much. Once the first launch is done and we have the results, we can make sure that the next one goes harder."

"Have you shortlisted the models yet?"

"Yes." I look down at the list of names and faces on my sheet. "We have Iris Mitchell, Tiana Parker, Lauren Woods, Amerie Johnson and Amber Murphy booked for the first shoot."

I ignore the looks sent my way at the mention of Amber Murphy's name since she is my boyfriends ex wife. This is business and I am not opposed to working with her.

"We have some models coming in tomorrow to start shooting for the website but the faces of the first launch will be the people that I mentioned." I state while making a note of something that has popped into my mind. "For the launch party, we need to get there early to set up the products. Catering will be picked up on the day, the DJ will arrive during the speech but we do have music prepared just in case she is a no show. The photographers are all booked so our biggest thing is to ensure that our PR boxes are ready and that we advertise sufficiently."