ོ9

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up."
― Babe Ruth

August Alsina |

I was grading papers and also making arrangements for places for Justine to perform .

So far , she was going to be performing at a sports bar But We haven't discussed a song yet .

I sighed as I put the last test down , and leaned back on the couch .. I took a gulp of my beer that I was already sipping on .

I put the test in a folder , making sure they were out in the open so I wouldn't forget them in the morning .

I started back writing out a schedule when my phone started ringing .

"Hella?"

"Open the door." I smiled as I got up , walking towards the door.

"How you find where I live?" I asked as i started unlocking the door .

"I find out things." I chuckled as I hung up and opened the door .

"I got pizza!" Justine exclaimed as she held the box open .

I raised my eyebrows. "I see! C'mon in."

She came in and sat the box down , taking off her jacket as I closed the door , relocking it .

I got the pizza box as she went and sat down on the couch .

"So what brought'cha hea?" I asked , opening the box getting a slice . She got a slice before pulling her legs up under her .

"To talk about my schedule , song to perform , new songs too , etc.." She stated , I nodded .

"Alright.. Well you're actually gonna be performing at a sports bar tomorrow night . You can choose what song." I stated , eating .

She thought for a moment .

"How bout no sleep?" I shrugged.

"If that's what ya want.." She nodded .

"Yo peoples know you ova hea?" I asked . She cleared her throat .

"Well.." I raised an eyebrow ." They think I'm at Rena's house." I shook my head .

"Can't keep lying to them Jus.." She nodded .

"Whatever. They're not even supportive." She stated .

"What I make?" She asked changing the subject as her attention directed to the graded tests .

I scoffed . " a F." She frowned.

"Nuh uh. I never fail in music." She stated .

"Yo grade might go up if I get a kiss." I smirked .
"I would but..this pizza bangin'." She stated with a laugh.

"Em." I mumbled before taking her piece , sitting it in the box before pressing our lips together .

She stretched her legs out from under her , cupping my face .

I deepened it , leaning into her more as I slid my tongue in her mouth .

She grabbed the back of my head , pulling me closer . I opened her legs , getting in between to get closer to her .

She pecked my lips before breaking it and catching her breath.

"Uh..what was we talking about?" She asked . I laughed .

"Forgot to tell you, I set you up for a vocal couch.." I stated , sitting back on the couch taking another gulp of my beer .

"Got another one?"

"Oh nah, you're not finna get into drinkin' .. Not with me." I stated , shaking my head .

She twisted her lips before starting to finish her slice of pizza.

| Justine Skye

We was at the sports bar , doing sound check .

I was rehearsing No Sleep as August was talking to the manager of the bar .

He had arrange me a whole band so we was just practicing.

"Okay , lets do it again but a little bit more on the drums!" August commanded before going back to talking to the manager .

"3..2..1.." I said before we started again . I swayed my head from side to side as the beat started and the drums took off .

I flowed through the first verse with my eyes close before I open them for the chorus , connecting eyes with August .

He nodded with a smile as I kept singing making me smile . He licked his lips before stopping us .

"Sounds good y'all . Put more of you into it Jus.." He said , I nodded.

"Aight.. Lets go again."

We was sitting at one of the tables at the sports bar , taking a break. I had some water since August wouldn't let me get a soda or alcohol .

"How'd I do?" I asked , he nodded.

"Amazing as always."

"Thank you." I smiled as I sipped my water , he looked at me .

"No problem . So are you ready and confident bout tomorrow night?"

"Not at all." I shook my head . He turned forward to the table .

"How come?"

"It's my first performance , what if I mess up?" I asked , slightly tilting my head as I played with my straw .

"You're not .. You're gonna kill it. You know that just as much as I do." He stated .

I side smiled looking down. It's good to have someone encouraging around .

"Where would I be without you."

"At home , writing songs without no recognition and not able to look at my fine ass." He stated with a smirk , I laughed .

"Most of that statement is true." I stated , sipping my water as I got up.

I put my glass down before getting on the small stage .

"Ok guys. 3.2..1." I started. They got in their places as I looked August in his eyes as we started again .

_____________________

Feedback .