Chapter 1

"Dazai. I want you to meet one of the Oda siblings," the tall dark haired man spoke as he watched the younger of the two siblings walk into his office.

Dazai stood there quietly as he looked at this new stranger.

"This is Sayuri Oda. She is a skilled gifted assassin."

Sayuri waved with a grin. "Hiya! So your name is Dazai? Nice to meet ya!"

She approached him carelessly and held out a hand.

Dazai raised an eyebrow as he saw the way she seemed to have her guard completely down. He moved quickly to knock her hand down and grab her other arm but she practically disappeared from his view before he felt a knife pressed to his throat.

"Nice try," her voice came through behind him. "You're quick. I like him, boss. He's good."

Sayuri made her way around to his front and set her hands on her hips with a smile.

"I'm glad you approve. He is my protégé and will be taking over the mafia's military force. You may need to work together in the future so I hope you both get along," Mori spoke as he crossed his hand in front of his mouth. "Now, I need you to look into something for me. One of our stores has been coming in short on payments. I need that fixed immediately."

"Consider it done," Sayuri replied, finally taking her eyes off of Dazai for the first time since stepping in the room.

Dazai quickly got the sense that this young girl really was deadly, regardless of how she came across at first.

Once the girl exited the room to carry out her assignment, Dazai shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Thoughts?" Mori broke the brunette from his thoughts.

Dazai just shrugged quietly. "She seems good. Barely took her eyes off me. She's fast."

"She is quite precious, isn't she?" Mori sighed softly before frowning. "I wish I could play with her..."

"Is she normally so cheerful?"

Mori hummed as he leaned back in his chair. "Sometimes. Though, if you get on her bad side, you will know. I'm sure you two will get along just fine."

"If you say so," Dazai replied.

He didn't really have an opinion on much. He just knew that he had to do whatever he needed to do to live. Though the thought of living made him question himself more.

What was living? Was there any value in life if it was always meant to come to an end? And was he truly living? Or just surviving?

Sayuri pranced through the hall beside Koyo as she explained a weird dream she had to her.

"Yeah! And the boat somehow got loose from the dock and sped off! They left me behind! But then the geese came back in and attacked the boat! It started to sink and then I woke up!"