Chapter 3

The wind cleared and everything became eerily quiet.

Dazai looked up first and saw that the old boss had disappeared. He looked back down to see Sayuri with her hair all fluffed from the wind.

"You okay?" Dazai spoke as he helped Sayuri stand up.

"Yeah. You?" Sayuri asked before seeing the blood that had soaked through the bandaged he had over his right eye. She moved his hair out of the way and touched his head which made him hiss in pain.

"Ow, ow!" He squeaked as he shrunk back from her touch.

"Sorry! I can help you with that later," Sayu offered with a small smile before her eyes widened. "Where's Chuuya?"

They both turned to find the little rascal before seeing Hirotsu holding the ginger.

Chuuya laid limp in Hirotsu's arms and Sayuri ran over. Black shadows began to slitcher around the body of the unconscious boy.

"This should keep him contained. Shadows don't follow the rules of gravity," Sayuri said to which Hirotsu nodded.

"We should get back quickly. The boss will be needing a report, and you should patch yourselves up," Hirotsu replied.

They all made their way out of Suribachi City and back to the car that sat where they had left it.

Chuuya was sat in the middle of the back seat with Dazai and Sayuri on either side of him, shadows constricting his body.

Once back at the mafia headquarters, they were able to get Chuuya contained inside.

Sayuri walked with Dazai to the medical room to get stuff to patch him up.

"Come on. Sit down," Sayu instructed as she pointed to a chair.

Dazai listened and sat down on the seat quickly. He watched Sayuri as she careful took the bloodied wrapping off of his face.

"So, did you like your present?" Dazai spoke after a moment.

"I did. It fits perfectly. I really appreciate you doing that for me," Sayuri replied with a smile as she cleaned his wound gently.

Dazai just watched her quietly, letting her wrap his head back up, covering his right eye. He then began to undo the bloody and ripped bandages that covered his arms.

Sayu had never seen his arms underneath the bandages he always wore. She knew that there were things that she didn't want to ask him, knowing he would open up to her once he felt comfortable. However, when she saw the many scars littering his skin, she gently trailed her fingers along his arm.

Dazai nearly recoiled at her touch before feeling a sort of warming comfort resonating from her fingertips as they gingerly caressed his skin.

Sayuri felt him stiffen and slowly pulled her hand back. "Sorry."

"No... it's okay," Dazai mumbled. "You're... you're the first person to touch my scars, that's all."

"Do they hurt?" She asked softly as she slowly began to wrap him up with new bandages.

"In some places they still hurt..." Dazai spoke.

This was strange to him. Nobody had ever cared enough to ask him if it hurt. He had been asked about the bandages, but this was different. She was worried about him.

"I'll see if I can find a cream or something that can help," Sayuri spoke as she put the supplies away after finishing his wrappings. "Okay?"

"You don't have to. You're saving up, remember?" Dazai reminded as he stood up.