Chapter 4

Sayuri skipped along between Dazai and Chuuya, ignoring the quick verbal jabs they continuously threw at each other.

"Hey, you maybe wanna tell me what's goin' on, asshole?" Chuuya spat as Dazai leapt up onto some brick pillars that stood between gate railings.

"Sorry. Would you mind not talking to me right now? I'm busy breathing," the brunette snarked.

"I'm gonna rip your head off, you suicidal maniac," Chuuya grumbled. "Now how 'bout you answer my question and tell me what we're doing!"

Chuuya threw a quick round house at Dazai who was easily able to dodge.

"Osa, be nice to him," Sayuri reminded. "We're going to investigate and interview people who were closest to the explosion."

"Explosion?" Chuuya asked, looking at the girl who was actually being sort of friendly to him.

Dazai's cheeks puffed up as he looked at Sayu. "A week ago, there was an explosion nearby. Similar to the one we experienced yesterday in our battle. The previous boss wasn't sighted at this incident, but looking at the similarities, the cause is likely the same."

"We're going to speak with a survivor from that explosion," Sayuri continued, standing beside Chuuya.

"Survivor implies that there were casualties," Chuuya replied.

"Yes. Members of the Port Mafia," Dazai remarked, looking at the ginger from over his shoulder. "Not that you care."

Chuuya huffed, still wondering how he got himself into this whole situation.

"The survivor were meeting with is gifted. Actually you've already met this person," Dazai continued before an explosion caught all their attention.

The mansion they had been headed towards was engulfed in flames, dark clouds filling the sky around the building.

"Oh, my," Dazai mumbled as his lips pulled into a frown. "It looks like the culprit's already gotten to them."

"Then quit gab'n and move your ass," Chuuya spoke quickly before taking off towards the burning estate.

Sayu looked at Dazai with a shrug before they both took off after the spritely boy.

Once they were stood I'm the front courtyard of the estate, they could see more of the extent of the damage.

"Don't think were gonna score an interview here," Chuuya quipped which made Sayu laugh.

The sound of a gun cocking behind them caught Sayuri's attention and her smile fell to a grin. Dazai glanced to the side, loving the look of malice that flooded Sayu's eyes.

"Put your arms up and slowly turn around," a voice sounded, presumably from the gun wielder.

Chuuya just kept his hands shoved deep in his pockets as he turned his head. "Check this out. We didn't even have to go hunting for our dinner. I didn't feel like doing an interview anyway. I'd rather just skip all the boring, chatty crap and deal with the one who's directely responsible. Stay back. I'm gonna enjoy this."

Sayuri's face fell as she slumped. "Aww... I wanted to have some fun..."

Dazai sighed, shaking his head. "Children."

"I don't know why they called in backup for a few kids," the gunman mocked. "Is the Port Mafia that short staffed? Or is this Rando guy not included on the most popular list?"

"Rando?" Chuuya questioned.

"That would be the name of the survivor we came here to interview. He's the one who restrained you with that special ability of his," Dazai explained.