Chapter 18

Sakunosuke sat on the barstool with his head on the bar.

"You look like you're having a fantastic day."

Sakunosuke looked up to see a familiar face.

Ango Sakaguchi.

He and Dazai had met Ango a few weeks ago and had taken him to their favorite bar. Sakunosuke was the one to find the bar, Lupin, and had introduced Dazai to the underground business.

"Not really, no. I'm definitely not smiling," Odasaku replied blandly.

Ango chuckled lightly as he sat beside Sakunosuke, already used to the redhead's straight forward attitude. "Want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Come on. It'll make you feel better," Ango tried before looking at the bartender. "I'll take a whiskey sour."

There was a laugh that came from behind them. "He's been like this for a while. He's in loooove."

Ango and Sakunosuke looked up to see Dazai walk over to his usual seat.

"The usual, please!" Dazai requested as he threw one foot up onto his opposite leg after sitting down.

"So who's the lucky guy?" Ango joked which made Dazai nearly fall off his stool. "I'm joking."

"Her name's Zoe," Dazai replied, watching as Odasaku's ears turned red. "She's really pretty, I'll admit."

"I'm assuming you asked her if she would kill herself with you?" Ango sighed as he shook his head.

"...she said no."

"I'm not in love, guys," Odasaku tried to argue, as he looked at his drink. "I just think she's a wonderful person."

Ango slapped his hand over his face. "Why don't you just tell her how you feel?"

Odasaku slumped, taking a sip of his sake. "She's in love with someone else..."

"He's dead," Dazai deadpanned.

"Doesn't mean she just stops loving him," Odasaku shot back.

"True," Ango spoke up. "But, she can also fall in love again. Just show her that you care about her. Tell her how you feel. You shouldn't let it weigh you down like this."

Dazai stared at the can of crab that the barkeep had given him.

"Maybe your right. I'm just afraid that it's too soon for her. But at the same time, if I wait, I may lose her. God, this is so complicated, and in the end, I just really want to make her happy."

"Ryu! Sayuri's back!"

Sayuri laughed lightly as she sat beside Gin in the small shack.