C H A P T E R T H R E E

•°•Recap•°•

"Little Brat" He mumbled before turning away to face the moon.

Harry woke up again, near 4 am in the morning. Regulus again, put him in a sleep. It was much easier than before. But it again took an hour for Harry to fall asleep. He closed his eyes, thinking about his now situation. If someone had told a 15 year old Regulus that, in four years, he would be putting a certain Potters kid into sleep, he would have punched them and laughed. Yet here he is, putting a certain Harry Potter into sleep. And he would never admit it but taking care of Harry felt good. It made him feel much better.

The very next day, Evans and Potter were very surprised that they got a sound sleep without being woken up.

C H A P T E R T H R E E - BROTHER

Summary :
Regulus finds some new things and Sirius Black Visits. POV Change yay!!

Another week passed by. Regulus was always by Harry's side. He is rather- he dare say- fond of the little brat. Both Potters had some sleep, thanks to Regulus. He has been putting Harry into sleep at night in a regular basis. He was not complaining tho. Harry's presense was calming.

He also realised some other things.
1. He cannot touch anyone exept Harry
2. He can levitate and control anything (or anyone)
3. He cannot use his magic for too long, it will drain him out. The more he uses the more he feel drained. It will take a while to regain the strength.
4. He found himself glitching after used a lot of magic while he was trying to find out what all he could do. He panicked when his hand went through Harry, unable to touch him.

September 5th 1980

Harry is almost a month old now. Regulus was surprised that Sirius hasn't visited yet. Like a prediction-come-true the very next hour Sirius Black visited. Regulus was spending time with Harry who was playing with his mother. He was watching the mother-son pair when he heard a really familiar voice.

Of Sirius Orion Black.

His older (ex?) Brother.

“Prongs, Lily!! We're here!! Where is my pup?!” Regulus tensed up.

“Right here Sirius, Remus.” Lily said as she walked out of Harry's Playroom.

Regulus dont have words to express the overwhelming and complicated emotions he felt. If he were alive he would have cried, he know. There stood his bro-- Sirius, with his cheeky smile and silver grey eyes shining with happiness. He stood there right next to Lupin (Wait, are they holding hands? IS THAT AN ENGAGEMENT RING?!! Knew this was coming ha!). Nothing has changed about Sirius. He looks the same as their last encounter.
The last encounter they had was nothing pleasant. They were fighting eachother. He could still remember the raw emotions that were visible in Sirius’ face. Pure anger, sorrow and disappointment, maybe even hatred?. It stung so badly. (If only he weren't a coward and listened to Sirius. It hurts it hurts so bad!! Why does it hurt?!! He's dead for Merlin's sake!!)

“Hey there little Prongs. Sorry uncle Padfoot couldn't come!! Now aren't you a cutie!! Come Mooney look at little Prongs.” Sirius cooed at little Harry. Lupin approached little Harry and was smiling at him. The little brat was staring at them as If he was silently judging them. A few moments passed after when Harry decided that his new found uncle's are okay and decided to reach his small chubby hands to touch Sirius's face (Or, maybe, to play with his hair). A few moments later Harry began to babble who-knows-what in his baby language.

“Why don't you both hold him?” Lily asked Lupin and Sirius. Sirius seems more excited at the idea while Lupin looked a bit scared. Lily carefully placed little Harry in Sirius’s hands. He carefully held Harry as if he was made of glass. His eyes shone with pure love and adoration. He softly cooed at Harry.

Deep inside, he got deja vu

Has Sirius ever looked at him like that when he was a baby? He was curious. Maybe he did. When they were young. Maybe. . .

Sirius POV

As he held Harry, a sense of Deja vu hit him. He held the small body close to him, the fragile little being. Just like Regulus.

Regulus. . .

Reggie. . .

His little brother. . .

His heart dropped at the mere thought of his little Reggie. His precious little brother. The first person he ever loved. Sirius memories from childhood was blurry. But he still remember the feeling he had while holding little Reggie for the first time. His baby blue eyes were so beautiful. The cute giggles. Reggie was so small and fragile.

The smile. . .

So precious. . . .

He promised then and there he'd protect him with his life.

It was always them. Sirius for Regulus and Regulus for Sirius. They had no one else to relay on. Even their cousins (Not Andy, she was there for bit. But she was disowned. At that time they were still young.) Regulus was his first family. The first person he loved. The first person to ever show him love

And--

How he failed to protect him. . .

How he failed to protect his Reggie. . .

His sweet, naive little brother. . .

Too stupid, too stupid to believe his mother's lies. . .

He was pulled out from his thoughts by the sound of pleasant giggles. His eyes stung as he looked down at Harry, vision was slightly blurry. Harry, just like little Reg, is fragile and small. Too small. Such a small sweet child.

He failed to protect Regulus

But he won't fail Harry, he swore he won't. . .

He will protect Harry. . .

He won't fail Harry, no he won't. . .