Chapter 8

Art by The Nyan! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSujmq9EvP_aBw4qSMKuKvA

Ever since she heard the news about Buzzardpaw, Icewillow has felt different. Not only was she barely able to eat, but she had a hard time keeping up with her warrior duties. She felt demotivated to do anything but lay around and sulk. Some kind of coldness in her heart has seemingly been growing, but she's been ignoring it. Roars of pain and the urge to break down constantly rang through her ears, but she didn't care. 

Another day of just laying around, I suppose... 

Icewillow, inside her den, stretches and repositions herself in her bedding. 

I swear, the only reasons I get up are to eat, drink, and do my regular meetups with Buzzardpaw. But seeing him doesn't even feel right anymore. 

"Hey, Icewillow?" 

Eeljump knocks on the side of her den, catching her attention. "Someone is here to see you." 

"Really..?" Icewillow sits up, slightly surprised. 

Is it Buzzardpaw? He doesn't visit me very often. 

She leaves her den, and finds herself to be face to face with Eeljump and another cat she doesn't recognize. He's a black tom with gray eyes, and some white freckles on his face. 

"This is Blackwish from FlowerClan," Eeljump meows. "He's told me that he has a private discussion to have with you." 

"I don't know who this dude is." Icewillow squints at him, confused. 

Is he some kind of creep? 

"A pleasure to meet you," Blackwish purrs. "I hope you don't mind if I take you on a stroll on this pleasant evening." 

"What's this stuff you want to talk to me about?" 

"It is something we need to talk about alone," he responds. 

"Oh.. alright." 

Still slightly suspicious, Icewillow follows Blackwish out of camp and into the forest. 

"I don't understand what you want from me," Icewillow grunts. "I barely know who you are. How do YOU know who I am?" 

"A StarClan cat told me to teach you of your family origins," Blackwish says. "A light pink cat with a long, flowing pink coat, and pink eyes brighter than the sun." 

Icewillow thinks. "You.. have a connection to StarClan?" 

"I mustn't go much into detail," he sighs. "Come, sit with me in this tree. All will be explained very soon." 

She hesitantly leaps up into the tree with him, settling next to him on a branch. Fireflies are softly floating around them, indicating that they're close to BrackenClan camp. 

"So? What do you have to tell me?" 

"I'm going to start out with the most important note," Blackwish starts. "StarClan sees great danger in your future, and wants you to be careful. They say you're trapped in a cycle." 

"I already have plenty of danger in my life," Icewillow scoffs. "Being a black FrostClan cat isn't easy." 

"I don't know the details, but they do want you to be careful. Whatever they mean, and whatever they want you to do." 

"Uhh.. alright..? Is that it?" 

"They also want me to tell you of Dimstar." 

Her heart drops a little.