Chapter 3: Goodbye.

When I saw his last message, a tear fell down my eye because I was not expecting that I will do that to Louis even though he proved himself to me. His courtship process was flawless to my parents, and they approved him, but I should think about it a lot, and I did not expect that I would reject him. 

Are you stupid, Adalia? Why did you let go of a person who is willing to love everything about you? Were you scared of something? Have you felt being pressured by your friends and family to answer him? 

I cannot think of any answer to every question inside my head because my mind is blank, and my heart is numb. I wanted to cry my heart out, but do I deserve to cry? Do I have a right to feel lonely? 

I stayed in my room the whole night with my water bottles beside me because I need to drink a lot of water to concentrate on writing our Investigatory Project. I cannot leave my responsibilities behind even though that we are in the same group. I should separate my school and personal life away to focus more and be professional.  

The next day.

I woke up because my alarm clock rang beside me, and I noticed that I slept on the floor together with scattered drafts of our Investigatory Project. I am a mess right now, and how can I face my groupmates today if their leader is not in her right state? What should I do? Should I ask Raphael to be my spokesperson because I cannot handle the meeting today since I will be distracted and Louis will be there. 

Raphael Bautista (Active Now) 

"Good Morning, Raphael!"  

"Good Morning, Adalia!" 

"I have a favor. Pwede ba ikaw na lang ang magsalita ng mga reminders later sa groupmates natin? Hindi ko kasi kaya ngayon eh." 

"Sure, Adalia. No worries. Ano ba paguusapan dapat ngayon?"

"About sa chapter 3 and 4 sana. Iinclude mo rin yung mga breakdown of expenses, roles and responsibilities, ano bibilhin and such." 

"Okay, noted." 

I reacted to his last message because I do not have enough energy to communicate right now. I hope that my friends would not notice that I am feeling down today. I decided to take a bath since it is currently 7:20 am, and I do not want to be late again. 

After twenty minutes, I am ready to go to school, and I decided to take a walk going to school because I want to take a breather and relax. Good thing that it will take five minutes to walk because, in that way, I can compose myself properly. 

When I arrived at the front gate of our school, I heard Louis' voice behind me. I turned my head slowly enough to see him, and he is paying the tricycle driver for his drive. I was shocked when our eyes met, but I quickly started to walk away because I do not have the guts to face him, and I know that I am too obvious to avoid him. 

I was relieved that I reached the stairs because I lost him already, and I know that he will not use the stairs that I will take. I put down my bag because I am very thirsty and I need to calm down too. I grabbed my water bottle and started drinking my water. 

When I was drinking my water, I felt that someone was behind me, and I slowly turned to see who was behind me. My eyes went big, and I almost choke my water when I saw Louis. 

I calmly put my water bottle in the right side pocket of my bag and started walking away, but I stopped when Louis grabbed my bag from behind. 

Be calm, Adalia.