4 : propellers

a/n: get well soon Jiyoon

Zoa's POV

"Aigoo... stop thinking about the bad things guys" I faintly heard Jiyoon unnie. I was so sleepy since I pedaled all night. Jaehee is the one pedaling now. I don't know what happened to her attitude but she's starting to get better now. Maybe she learned her lesson.

"I'm hungry, give me some coconuts" Soojin unnie told us. She was just laying there all the time. "I don't know how to open it, unnie" Jihan, since she's the weakest, said. " I don't care, Jiyoon open it" Soojin unnie throwed the coconut at unnie.

What kind of leader is she?

Jiyoon unnie took out her small pocket knife before opening the coconut slowly. Monday unnie used to open it for us.

"Can you open it fast? I'll die in hunger if you don't" i rolled my eyes secretly and surprisingly, Jiyoon unnie already cutted the Coconut in half. How? She's the second weakest.

I felt myself losing energy as I have never eaten since last day. I can feel my lips getting dry and pale. I want to ask Jiyoon unnie to give me some of the coconuts but I cant... I'm muted.

"Zoa are you hungry?" I opened my eyes and stared at Jiyoon unnie who's handing me the half of the coconut. I nodded my head and she gave me the fruit. "You should regain your energy to pedal fast, we'll be home soon" I heard her mumble to me.

"Jaehee, drink some juice" she then gave Jaehee, who's peacefully pedaling, the coconut juice. Jihan unnie was asleep already. She got this tear rolling down her cheeks. She's the weakest member, and she's not mentally stable at this state.

"Take a rest, I'll pedal" Jiyoon unnie told Jaehee. Right now, I can tell Jiyoon unnie is our only hope since 2 of the most important members are gone. I closed my eyes, finally getting some sleep beside Jihan unnie.

I felt cold, eyes opened it's own. The skies orange now and the sea breeze made my skin dry. I look around and saw the members sleeping except Jiyoon unnie. Where's unnie?

I slowly crawled to the empty seat infront of the float as I look for Jiyoon unnie. I can't stand up because it will make the boat unbalanced.

As I was looking around the area, one part of the water started to bubble up. I held this one oar of the boat and ready myself for danger. The bubbling got bigger and it made me really nervous. What if it's a shark? Where's Jiyoon unnie?

I swinged the oar up and then this figure rose up the water. It was Jiyoon unnie.

"Zoa-yah, it's me" she giggled as she leaned against the boat edge. "I fixed the propellers, seaweed got stucked" I nodded and started pedaling the boat. She stayed on the water.

"Hyewon-ah, can you pedal fast?" I looked at her. Why is she asking that? Is she tired.

"Hmm... I'm not tired but can you? I think you've got alotbof sleep" I simply nodded at her before looking at the members. Still asleep.

When I looked back at Jiyoon unnie, she was just there staring at me, smiling. Why is she like that?

"We'll be home soon, don't worry" it's already the second time she told this to me. "Just pedal straight and within a day, you survive" I looked at her confused then suddenly, I saw this thing swimming not far from us. My knees went cold, stuck as I stopped from pedaling.

"Mwoya, keep pedaling... faster" I looked at unnie and she's just smiling there. I pedaled fast and the water started splashing in the front part of the boat. "That's great, keep up" I heard Jiyoon unnie said.

Can't she see the shark behind her?!

"It's fine... just keep pedaling" I looked at the animal and it was still following us. I pointed at it and Jiyoon unnie took my hand, shooking it.

"Thank you for being a good junior, Hyewon-ah. I'll distract it, don't worry. Just remember, keep pedaling. Annyeong" I gripped on her hand but let go afterwards. She did a 2 finger salute before letting go on the edge of the boat. She got left behind as the boat keeps on moving away. I looked at her and she was still smiling, waving her hands before swimming on a different direction.

I looked away,

I don't want to see another one sacrificing for me,

I hate it

I'm the useless one, I should be the one on their place.

I looked back on the dark side of the sea where the moon is rising and never saw Jiyoon unnie in the surface.

My cheeks will never get dry.

If only I could exchange myself in return of the other three members, I would do it.