5 : shore

Zoa's POV

I've been pedaling 'till dusk. Jihan and I were the only ones awake. She was quiet, she never asked where Jiyoon unnie is but her tears never left her eyes so I guess she knows.

When the others woke up, Jaehee unnie was the first one who asked where Jiyoon unnie is. No one answered.

No one talked the entire time as I continued pedaling. It's obvious that we lost Jiyoon unnie already. Soojin unnie was very quiet too, she was looking down all the time. She's probably sad too.

I looked around and just saw the infinite sea. I don't see any land. I don't even know what direction we are taking but the water is cold. My whole body felt cold even tho we're under the sun. My skin is turning into a dark, reddish shade aswell.

"Get up, I'll pedal" I heard Soojin unnie for the first time. The boat stopped and Soojin unnie replaced me on the front seat. I sat beside Jihan unnie and drank a little bit of water from the tumbler.

"Dont worry Zoa-yah, we'll be home soon" I looked at Jihan unnie. I don't want to hear this words anymore. I stared blankly at her and she was just smiling, tears on her eyes were still visible.

"Don't worry, you will not lose me" I'm starting to not trust anyone. Everytime they care about me or say good things to me, they disappear. I don't want Jihan unnie to disappear. She's the only person alive who's been good to me.

"I will not disappear, Zoa-yah. Unnie will take care of you" she patted my head eventhough she's smaller than me.

Should I believe in her?

"Hold tightly" huh?

The skies started to grumble and darken. There's a massive typhoon ahead of us. The boat started to shake aswell. What did I do to be in this situation? It's all bad luck.

"How to turn this boat around?!" We heard Soojin unnie said. I took the boat's only oar and started paddling. The boat slowly turn around but it was too late... the waves started to wiggle the boat hard. I gripper tight on the bamboo ground of the boat as we all leaned into each other. Soojin unnie kept of pedaling but suddenly, the propellers got stucked again.

There's no one to save us now.

It's our dead end.

As we wait for the biggest wave to slam our boat, I looked above and saw nothing but dark clouds. The moon is still asleep, there's no one to protect us.

But I should be happy, finally we can all be together again with Monday, SoEun and Jiyoon unnie.

No more pains,

No more loneliness.

I smiled at nothing as I closed my eyes, waiting for the water to drown me. I took the other's hands and gripped on it tightly.

Don't worry unnie and dongsaengs... we'll be home soon.

The sound of palm leaves and waves invaded my ears. As I slowly opened my eyes, the bright sunlight blinded me. I felt something block my throat that urged me to sat up and cough.

"Zoa-yah" I look around and saw So Eun unnie walking towards my direction.

Wait... So Eun unnie?