Chapter Thirty Six - A New Approach

After being arrested by the Ace-Ops, Obi-Wan and Ruby's group were loaded onto a transport ship en route to Atlas.

Ruby: Where do you think they're taking us?

Qrow: I'm gonna go with jail.

Jaune: I still can't believe that fishing pole guy took us out like it was nothing.

Obi-Wan: No matter what happens, you must never underestimate your opponent, Mr. Arc. 

Weiss: Welcome to Atlas. Those were Ironwood's Ace Operatives.

As the transport ship makes it's way to it's destination, they soon hear one of the prisoners talking about a groups of Huntresses calling themselves the Happy Huntresses. It wasn't long until the ship reached Atlas. The transport ship soon landed at Atlas Academy instead of a police station. The Ace-Ops soon escorts Obi-Wan and Ruby's Group to the Atlas Academy. Once inside, they are led into an office room where Ironwood, Winter and Penny were inside.

Penny: Yay, you're here!

Weiss: Winter.

As Winter sees Weiss in handcuffs, she turns to the guards.

Winter: You have ten seconds to take those off before I start hurting you. 

As Winter says it, Obi-Wan uses his Force Semblance to open everyone's cuffs. 

Ironwood: It is so good to see all of you.

Obi-Wan: You have an odd way of expressing that, General. 

Ironwood: I sincerely regret how you were treated by my team. When a rogue airship entered our airspace, it raised some... red flags. We assumed the ship was stolen.

Obi-Wan: We were given no other choice. We needed to get to Atlas as quickly as possible. 

Qrow: Listen Jimmy, we have information that's....confidential.

Penny: Oh, is it about the Relics?

Winter: Or perhaps the Winter Maiden?

Qrow: You told them?

Ironwood: Did you really think you were the only one who got to work on a new plan after Beacon? With Ozpin gone, I needed my own team of people I could trust. So yes, I told them. The Ace-Ops too. Which is why I'm so glad you're here...with this. Until now, I believed it was impossible to truly turn the tide against Salem. Oz has pushed her back, has kept victory out of her claws, but she will keep returning stronger and stronger...unless we destroy her.

Ruby: But...what about the Atlas Relic?

Ironwood: You mean the Staff of Creation?

Penny: It's safe inside the Vault!

Qrow: And the Winter Maiden?

Winter: She is secure and in stable condition.

Obi-Wan: You mean Fria is still the Winter Maiden after all this time? 

Qrow: She's, uh, not exactly a spring chicken.

Ironwood: I know how this all looks. Recalling my military? The embargo? I probably don't seem the most trustworthy right now.

Blake: Then why continue it?

Nora: The people of Mantle are hurting!

Ironwood: I needed to ensure Salem couldn't infiltrate Atlas. And I wanted my military here, protecting my people.

As Ironwood said this, Obi-Wan immediately became distrustful of Ironwood. What he saw in Mantle made him wary of Ironwood. 

Obi-Wan: Miss Valkyrie is right, General. The people down there are scared. Surely you must see that.

Ironwood: As if you're one to speak. 

Obi-Wan: What are you talking about?

Ironwood: I'm talking about your old friend, Dooku. In the weeks after the Fall of Beacon, he formed a political coalition called the Separatist Alliance. They've threatened the stability of this kingdom with talks of breaking away from Atlas.

Obi-Wan was shocked. This was the first he heard of this. While he knew Dooku was an outspoken critic of Atlas, he had no idea of this.

Ironwood: And I have a reason to believe that Dooku is responsible for a series of attacks against politicians who have spoken out against the Separatists. 

Obi-Wan: He is a political idealist. Not a murderer. You forget that Dooku was once a Huntsman. He couldn't have done the things you're accusing him of. It's not in his nature. 

Ironwood: The fact remains that the Separatist Alliance is threatening the stability of everything we're working towards. 

As Ironwood said this, he shifted his attention away from the topic of Dooku and into the more pressing topic at hand. 

Ironwood: Just as you all have been entrusted with the knowledge of Salem's existence, I need you all to trust me. I have a plan. Ozpin believed the best way to fight Salem was to do so in secret. Whether that was the right choice or not isn't for me to say. But we find ourselves in a position of needing, well, a new approach.

Ironwood soon reveals his plans to use the Amity Colosseum used during the Vytal Festival as a means of restoring global communications as well as reveal Salem's existence to the world. Immediately, everyone expressed concerns about the plan, but Ironwood was confident in the plan.

Ironwood: We have much work ahead of us. But first, I think we need to get those weapons of yours up to our standards.

Winter: Remember, this is Atlas. While assisting the military, we will provide you with the best equipment our scientists can devise.

Obi-Wan: That won't be necessary for me, General. This sword has proven reliable to me time and time again. 

Ironwood: I understand. 

Obi-Wan: I wish to speak to Councilwoman Satine. There is a matter that I wish to speak to her.

Ironwood: I will see what I can do.

After that, Ruby's Group would have their weapons improved. Though everyone had their hesitations about Ironwood's plan, they would simply go along with it for the time being. As for Obi-Wan the update on Dooku deeply concerned him. As Obi-Wan prepared for his meeting with Councilwoman Satine, Obi-Wan knew dark forces were at play and they had their eyes set on Atlas.