Part 41

Sunday night, Arhana left for Mumbai. Prachi was in the kitchen while Ranbir was playing the video game he needed to submit his report the next day.
He has been playing for one hour now and already started to take notes.
Prachi brought coffee for them and sat next to him. She took her laptop and started to do her first presentation that was schedule on Tuesday .

They were both by each other's side doing their work for another hour.
Prachi soon closed her laptop and saw how Ranbir was so involved in the game.

Prachi:"May I play as well?"
Ranbir looked at her:"sure. I will teach you." He taught her the basic and they started to play together.

Since it was Prachi's first time, she couldn't get it properly and thus end up losing every time.
Ranbir was laughing at her after her lost

Prachi:"now, i will play everyday just to beat you."
Ranbir:"challenge?"
Prachi:"yes."
Ranbir:"ok, accepted. Next weekend, we will play again and the one who lose needs to do something."
Prachi:"ok, done."
They played for another hour and then headed to bed.

The whole week went busy with college and them dealing with their work environment.
On Monday, Ranbir had a meeting with Sam's dad and other members of the team.
He was nervous because he never attended that kind of formal meeting with strangers.
In his dad's office, he knew everyone so it was easy but here it was different.
Prachi's message calmed him down.
'Stop being nervous. Be bold and confident. Be yourself: unique and honest. Everything will go well. Love you, Mr. Kohli."
A smile crept onto his face reading that message and he replied.
'Thank you and love you too, Mrs would be Kohli."
He was sure that Prachi would blush over there. Prachi just replied with a ❤️.
He knew when she replied short this means she was busy or people were around her. He waited for the meeting and finally did the meeting with full confidence. Everyone appreciated his thoughts since as a youngster, he saw things that they couldn't see. He knew what youngsters love while playing video games

Tuesday was Prachi's meeting and Ranbir helped her practice what she was going to say in the meeting the night before.
Ranbir, lovingly:"if i would have been part of that company which you are dealing with, i would have definitely said yes seeing you itself."
Prachi:"ohh that's not fair. Just seeing me..."
Ranbir:"i would have said yes only by seeing you and would have continue to work with you forever seeing your presentation."
Prachi smiled at him while he kissed her cheek.

This weekend, Arhana couldn't come as Purab needed Aryan for the new venture.
During the weekend, Pranbir went sightseeing with Sam/Sana and some other friends.

During the next week, Vikram called Ranbir asking him to come home since it was Ranbir's birthday on Sunday. He agreed to come to celebrate his birthday with them. They would be going on Saturday itself.

Returning from work, Prachi was talking to Shahana on phone.
Shahana:"what's your plan for Ranbir's birthday?"
Prachi:"i want to plan something but how am i going to do that? His birthday is on Sunday, Saturday he is going to be busy with his family and i can't intrude there."
Shahana:"so plan something on Friday then. Pre-birthday celebration."
Prachi:"you are right. Friday... but where? Ranbir works from home."
Shahana:"that leave it to me. Friday, you can get at least 2/3 hours after work to prepare."
Prachi:"ok then. I will have to order cake since i won't get time to make it."
Shahana:"yep, and cake you can make it here on Sunday itself."
Prachi:"right. Ok, i reached home. So i will call you later on."
Shahana:"ok, take care. Love you."
Prachi:"love you too."
They hung up.

Shahana turned to see Aryan. He heard Shahana saying I love you to someone and was hurt.
Aryan:"someone close?"
Shahana, confused:"obviously."
Aryan:"so, what we discussed on the bon fire night meant nothing?"
He asked hurt and painfully.
Shahana recalled what Aryan told her on the bon fire night.
Sitting by the fire, when Ranbir left them alone, Aryan came clean to Shahana that he started feeling for her. He said that he doesn't know if it's love or not since he had never experienced love but he can't see her with anyone else.
Shahana was stunned and happy at the same time as she was also feeling the same thing.
Aryan suggested that they stayed as they were being friends and if the feeling intensified then they will see to it. And Shahana also agreed.

And all this time, they spent together in college being 'friends' did intensify their feelings. But they hadn't yet said anything to each other.
Hearing Shahana saying I love you to someone pained Aryan a lot as he thought it was a boy.

Shahana also realised that he misunderstood.
She tried to clarify it.
Aryan:"no, it's ok, we said to act on our feelings only if... it doesn't mean that you should feel the same as me."
Shahana was trying to hide her smile while Aryan looked at her.
Aryan, was more hurt that she was laughing on his feelings:"you are laughing? I am falling in love you and you just said i love you to someone else like it didn't matter. I am at least your friend you could have told me you loved someone else..."
Shahana:"Aryan... it was Prachi."
He looked at her:"what?"
Shahana shook her head and showed him her call log.
Shahana:"i was saying I love you to Prachi."
Aryan looked down in embarrassment.

Shahana:"you were jealous?"
Aryan:"what no."
Shahana:"and you said you love me."
Aryan, whispering:"that's true." He said avoiding eye contact with her.
Shahana:"i heard it. And I love you too."
She hugged him excitedly. He was laughing at her excitement and hugged her back.

———-
Thank you so much for your comments andvotes.