Roommate | jeverus

" this is ridiculous!" James yelled and slammed the apartment door.

Severus flinched as james walked in, already grabbing a drink from the fridge.

" you want a beer?" He asked as he opened a can.

" i cant read when im drunk so no." He said, not even looking up from his stack of papers.

" what even are those?"

" midterms. I have deadlines." Severus answered at his roommates questions.

Ah yes. James Potter. His lovely, loud, heartthrob roommate who is also insanely rich and the only reason they can afford the apartment they have.

He doesn't even need to work and can spend hundreds of dollars everyday yet still have enough to last him the next 50 years.

Severus is grateful. Really. But whenever james comes home from a date he has to hear all about how it went all wrong, even if he ended up at her place after.

It was the price he payed for his marble countertops.

" what happened this time?" Severus asked and put down the red pen.

James scoffed and sat down on the barstool across from him.

" what didn't? The whole night was a bust. She even called me cocky. How am I cocky?"

" i mean you are kind of a dick so." Severus shrugged.

James clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes.

" this is why you can never find a girlfriend, you're always so mean."

" and you change girlfriends like you change clothes. Shut up and drink your beer."

" oh come on. Im not wrong."

" i never said you're wrong."

" fine fine. But hey you still go on dates. You just never stick to them."

" they dont call me back thats what."

" but do you ever really like them?"

Severus froze for a second, his pen pressing a dent into the paper.

" no not really."

" see. No one ever interests you."

" you interest me but you wont go out with blokes and refuse go even give me a chance."

James rolled his eyes and sat down.

Ok so maybe Severus had the tiniest crush on his roomate but he was managing it. And he was admitting it quite openly too so he was handling it quite well if you ask him.

" this again."

" im just saying. Ought to give it a try no?" Severus asked with a teasing smile.

James wouldnt take the bait. He's never taken it before so he wouldn't take it now-

" fine."

What?

" one kiss and if you can convince me ill let you take me out on a date."

" what?" Severus asked, pen and assignment completely abandoned as he started hyper fixating on the fact james just said yes.

Like...yes.

" i said go for it. If you can." James said with a confident smile and severus leaned back.

"...you said yes."

" i did." James nodded in affirmation.

Severus' breathing was heavier now, heart racing and james was just sitting there, challenging him.

He didn't actually think he'd go for it did he?

" well. Looks like you're backing out so-" james started but he never got to finish it because Severus made his way around the counter and grabbed him by the sides of his face.

He didn't kiss him but their faces were so close that if Severus didn't lean in sooner James was about to do it himself.

" remember you said yes." Severus whispered and james felt his heart drum against his ribcage.

" yes im quite familiar with the concept of consent." James raised his eyebrows.

Severus' eyes were darting between his eyes and his lips and james was getting more and more nervous.

His stomach turned and twisted under Severus' touch, making it impossible to think of anything other than him.

" good."

And that was all it took before severus' lips were on James' and he was pushed up against the counter.

The marble countertops Severus loved so much pressed into the small of his back as the other's hands roamed.

The kiss was heavy and sweet and disgustingly eye opening. James kind of melted as severus continued to kiss him feverishly.

Severus' hands made their was at the hem of james' t-shirt, lifting it just enough to show the skin under it.

His hands never went any further than james allowed and as soon as he tensed all movements stopped. His hands massaged the areas he held onto and james found himself wrapping his arms around severus' shoulders.

Severus removed himself from james and placed a kiss on his jaw, making his way down until he reached his collarbone.

He left gifts on the way, the red marks showing on his skin proudly.

As soon as he saw them it was like clarity hit him with a brick and he pulled away, although not fully.

" what?" James asked. He was panting slightly and gulped when severus gave him that worried look he's seen so many times before.

" i dont know if this is right." Severus admitted and james just kept looking at him.

" you've been pining over me for months and now that i finally say yes you dont know if its right?" James asked.

Severus closed his eyes and leaned against james' shoulder, resting his head against his neck.

" you smell like womens perfume." He commented and james chuckled.

" i just came from a date."

" right..."

He probably hugged her or...something.

There was silence where the air was tense and James didn't know what severus was thinking.

Then there was a shift and severus kissed his shoulder before talking.

" wanna go on another?" He asked and James sighed in relief.

" ill have to check my schedule."