Smitten | Jeverus

" whats this?" Severus asked confused when a small rucksack was thrown onto his desk.

" its for you." Potter said and put his hands in his pockets.

Severus looked down at it and poked it, the suspicious looking bag unmoving.

" dont poke it, its not alive."

" well I didn't know and for the record anyone would be suspicious when a guy who's never given you the light of day just drops a bag in front of you."

James sighed in irritation and rubbed the back of his head, threading his fingers through his hair.

" its a bunch of sweets. I heard from Lily you have a sweet tooth and i grabbed a few things while on a honeydukes run with Moony." He said and had the faintest blush on his face behind his glasses.

Severus looked up at him with an uncertain look then took a peak at the bag.

Inside was a few boxes of chocolates frogs, botts every flavor beans, sugar quills, acid pops, and even blood flavoured lollipops which severus decided he would not be touching.

" ...thanks." He said after some time and james nodded swiftly, walking past his desk to sit a couple seats behind him.

Severus looked back to see james hiding his face behind the crook of his elbow, looking away from severus but you could still tell just how red he was.

" ooh did you get a goody bag?" Regulus asked as he sat in the seat next to him, lucius on his other side already taking a lollipop.

" ew you actually eat those?" Severus cringed.

" what? Its not real blood. Plus it isnt as sweet as a normal lollipop- you know what im not gonna explain myself." Lucius said and took a handful of the crimson red lollipops.

Severus rolled his eyes and slapped regulus' hand away from a couple sugar quills.

" ow! What? you let Lucius have them!"

" because i dont like blood flavoured lollipops but you cant take the sugar quills. Here ill give you a box of beans." Severus said and threw a box into the air, regulus catching it easily.

" hey is it just me or is Potter giving us the evil eye?" Lucius asked as he held one lollipop in his hand.

Severus looked back to see Potter staring at Lucius and Regulus with a cold look, making Regulus shiver and Severus confused.

Maybe he didn't like that he was sharing his gift? I mean it's a lot of candy, severus doubts he could eat it all by himself.

So he took a chocolate frog and cherry flavored sugar quill, walking to james' desk and sitting backwards on the chair in front of him.

" here." He placed the two candies on his desk and james pushed them away.

" i gave those to you. Dont need them." James mumbled but severus insisted.

" take it so i feel better."

" no."

" potter dont be stubborn."

" how about you just accept my gift and take it?"

" because you're giving my friends an evil stare whenever i share."

James grumbled something under his breath and pushed his glasses up his nose, looking down at his desk.

Severus realized james wasn't going down without a fight and decided go disarm the dragon before it starting spitting fire.

" thank you for the gift." He stood up and ruffled james' hair, his hand lingering for just a second but it was enough to make James beet red and heat rise in his whole body.