T H I R T Y T W O

Apparently increasing my social media presence was more work than I would ever have guessed it to be, I had a casual instagram profile, a twitter account and a username on Tiktok, my initial thought was that I just had to use them more, make use of more tags, and be more active in general and things would just develop naturally.

Oh how wrong I was.

It should have caught my mind that I was dealing with the most famous group of men on the planet right away when I agreed to this plan. But it hadn't even went past me even for a second that I would have to introduce myself on these apps and sites as someone who spends time with them in private.

Two days have passed full of zoom calls with managers, people dropping by with packages of random equipment and high end brand clothing and makeup I'd never even thought of getting for myself. The plan had been constructed before I'd even agreed to it by the BTS pr-team, I would focus on instagram, and with my experience and interest in fashion and design it was decided I would post pictures surrounding those topics frequently on there.

The most I'd posted on instagram before had been random pictures of scenery or an awkward selfie whenever I felt I'd captured too much nature. I had 15 followers and half of them were family members, the other half were friends I'd met in school or just random people who'd found my account on a whim.

I was inexperienced, unsure, certainly not confident in the task at hand but everything was so well planned that I couldn't help but allow everyone around me's optimism to affect me.

"So you're saying my sister is who's gonna trigger this entire domino effect?" Hoseok asks the managers who were staring at him through the screen of my new laptop.

"Yes, Hoseok. She's Jiwoo's friend first so we'll post some pictures on Mari's instagram while she's still in quarantine, then have Jiwoo tag her in a picture of them together once she's able to leave your apartment, that will send people to her account where they'll recognise you in her pictures. The fans will think they've discovered something you'd tried to make secret, so hopefully they'll treat it as an unfiltered way to see your lives and Mari will be accepted as a part of it without trouble."

Sitting right next to Hoseok and in the middle of the screen that the managers are seeing from our side I felt small as they talked about me in third person, as if the matter regarding me was not for me to take part in. On my other side, Namjoon sat silently, his eyes not on the screen but taking in my features carefully, studying my reaction and most likely noticing how I was feeling because he grabbed my hand which was lower than the camera could reach and entwined our fingers giving me silent comfort.

The thought of having to create a following in order to be able to spend time with BTS outside of this apartment is scary, but I'd visited the thought of leaving them to pretend nothing happened these two weeks and that sat even worse within me. They fit together so well, and somehow the they had become a we. And I was dying to see where this could go when we weren't limited to spend time together here.

My role would be BTS' friend. Connected through Jiwoo and the reason why I had to quarantine here would be the truth. I'd asked for as little lying as possible and with the potential leakage of pictures of me, Hoseok and Jungkook on the rooftop, I needed people to know I'd been living with them for the stories to match up should the pictures ever get out.

On top of that my interest in fashion would be my style of instagram, my pictures would be of items of clothing or aesthetics that I liked, and they would all have a hit of one of the BTS members in them. To the unknowing eye it would look like I was trying to not show who was in my pictures, which would be part of my allure and why ARMY would take me in with open arms according to the people in charge.