Cory and Shawn's Miracle Soap- Won't Clog Pores, Just Your Drain

Note: I've change the setting a bit. This is still set during Turner's second year which- IF the BMW seasons go in order- his second year would have been the year Shawn lived with him. By that token, the gang was in seventh grade when Turner began teaching and thus would have been in eighth the following year. However, somewhere they skipped two years, and were juniors during Anthony Tyler Quinn's last season on the show. So the gang is in tenth grade, Eric is a senior, Shawn is living with Mr. Turner, and Morgan is the original girl who played her. And when Topanga's parents make appearances, her dad is Peter Tork (The Monkees) and I picture her mom to be Jennifer Saunders (Edina from Absolutely Fabulous though not as strung out.) I never did like Annette O'Toole in the role.

"So what'd ya say we go do something this Saturday?" Cory let his tray clatter on the table next to his best friend. It was Friday and he was antsy for the weekend to begin.

"Aren't you goin' out with Topanga this weekend?" Shawn asked as he stabbed at his lunch with a plastic knife.

"No," he replied flopping down in the chair. "She's got some paper due so she's going to spend all day Saturday at the library. And when she can't be there, she's going to be at home studying. Can you believe that?"

Shawn shook his head mournfully. "What a waste of a perfectly good weekend."

"Yeah," Cory poked at the brown "gravy" on his plate. "So ya want to do something?"

"Like what?"

"I dunno. The movies or something."

Shawn stuck his hands in his pockets and pulled them inside out. "Not unless they'll exchange lint for tickets."

Cory gave him a weak smile. "I'm broke, too."

The boys sat silently for moment, contemplating the depressing situation.

An idea suddenly lit Cory's eyes. He jumped in his seat slightly.

"Wanna raid a bathroom and mix random stuff together?"

Shawn chewed on the suggestion briefly. "Normally, I'd say no," he replied thoughtfully. "But seeing as we have no money, I say let's do it. It's either that or study."

"Cool," Cory abandoned his brown mush in favor of a chocolate pudding cup.

"So," Shawn leaned forward and lowered his voice. His eyes were shining. "Whadya think about the student teacher?"

"You mean Miss Andrews?" Cory struggled to get the seal off of the pudding cup. "She's cool." He sat the cup on the table and picked up a fork. "I'd say we lucked out by getting the two coolest teachers in school in the same class." Standing up, he poised the fork above the cup. "Mr. Turner is young and hip. Miss Andrews is younger and hip." He plunged the eating utensil into the heart of the container. It bounced off.

"Besides that," Shawn said hurriedly. "Is she hot or what?"

Cory shrugged as he attempted to puncture the pudding again. "She's pretty. Almost as pretty as Topanga."

"Right," Shawn rolled his eyes and smiled at his friend.

Cory put his body weight into stabbing the stubborn snack. The fork struck the lid with such a force that it yanked out of his hands and flew out of sight.

Cory dropped heavily into his seat again and gave the cup a shove. "I didn't really want it anyway," he muttered.

"Hey," Shawn tugged at his sleeve. "Do you think Miss Andrews will teach here after her internship?"