Talking

"Leonard Snart," is what Len hears from outside his bedroom, "when the hell were you going to tell me we were engaged?"

Len's eyes widen even as he scrambles to his feet. The door to his room is already opening and in walks Barry, scowling at him. Len stops where he stands, halfway between here and there, and stares at the brunette, uncertain if he's angry or shocked or both. Probably both. Len would be both.

"I mean – that's kind of something the fiancé should know," Barry continues, waving his hands dramatically, pacing quickly like he can't stand still, and it has been a few days since his run at the labs. "I had to find out from Iris gushing at me about how adorably sweet we are together and that she and Lisa are planning the wedding! We are apparently getting married in December – because why? Because it's cold then!"

Len can't stifle the snort, and Barry glares at him. "Uh – you told her it wasn't true, right? That we're not engaged?"

Barry's face scrunches in another scowl. "And break her little heart right after she lost Eddie? After he proposed to her and she lost him? No! I didn't tell her it was a lie."

Len winces. So that's why she looked a little sad despite her enthusiasm; her boyfriend proposed, and then died, and it's only been a few weeks – nearly a month – since then. Of course she would be upset even if she was happy for her friend.

And Len can understand how Barry didn't want to rain on her parade, so to speak. But that means-

"So we're getting married in December?" Len asks dumbly, which really isn't like him, and he'll blame it on the fact he's a bit out of his element here, and Barry came over like a bat out of hell and startled him. Even though he's not easily startled.

Barry stares at him, mouth agape for a minute, before he blushes. "I didn't think of it like that," he says under his breath, before he shakes his head. "Don't worry, I'll set her straight tomorrow."

Len nods, even as a part of him wants to say, 'Don't bother.'

He's not sure where that part comes from, but it's there all the same. Gay marriage is legal now; so what's the problem? Oh, right. He didn't actually propose.

He's never thought about it before.

"Anyway, I'll just – be going," Barry says, edging toward the door somewhat awkwardly. "I didn't realize – sorry. Sorry. Bye, Len."

Len sighs and moves forward, grabbing the kid's wrist. Barry's eyes slide up to his face, calculating. Behind those Bambi-eyes is an intelligent mind, one Len finds he rather enjoys. He smiles.

"We're engaged, for today," he says simply. "I don't recall getting any celebratory drinks, do you?"

Barry smiles slowly. "You're absolutely right."

"And that's just wrong," Len continues. "And you don't even have a ring. We'll have to remedy that."

Barry laughs. "What, are you going to steal me one?"

Len remains silent.

Barry stops laughing. "What? No. Don't do that," he says quickly, even though he's redder than a tomato.

"Drinks, Scarlet," Len says with a smile, keeping his fingers tight around the speedster's wrist as he leads the way out of the room.

Barry trails behind him like a little puppy.

They enter the small kitchen and Len opens the fridge, pulling out what little stock of alcohol he has, which is fairly pathetic.

"We'll get proper drinks tonight," Len says, smirking at Barry, who shrugs with a sheepish smile.