I Just Wanna Run

It's surprisingly hard for the kid to be normal.

Len didn't realize how often the kid used his speed until now. He doesn't think Barry realized it either, and he looks awkward standing in the kitchen with a few empty plates, chewing on his bottom lip, obviously trying not to speed to the sink. After a moment he walks toward the sink and deposits the dishes into it, moving slowly even by normal standards.

Cisco sent Caitlin the results of Barry's tests, but so far she hasn't come back with anything; she hasn't even left Mercury Labs, as far as Len knows. He's angry with her, but he's more angry with himself.

They've been home for roughly four hours; since then, they've sat on the couch staring blankly at the TV and the talk shows found there, and they've eaten. Again. Len's not especially hungry so he didn't have much, but he did force the kid to eat; just because he's not using his super speed doesn't mean he doesn't have a super-charged metabolism, and they don't need whatever this is getting any worse.

"What now?" Barry asks somewhat helplessly, snapping Len from his thoughts.

The kid looks so small, standing there in the middle of the kitchen. Len pushes to his feet from where he'd been sitting at the table.

"Let's take a shower, Scarlet."

His fingers curl around Barry's wrist and lightly guide him out of the kitchen. Barry doesn't resist, though he's moving a bit slower than usual, even without his speed. Len wonders if he's just worried about what counts as 'using his speed'. If he was Barry, he might have trouble discerning that, too, after a while.

After all, the kid's never had to worry about it before.

They don't quite make it to the shower, though. They're just exiting the kitchen when there's a series of knocks at the door, and they both look at each other briefly. Len releases the kid's wrist and veers off to answer, narrowing his eyes at Barry to let him know to stay put. This won't take long; he'll tell whoever it is to leave them be.

Neither of them are up for company right now.

He's definitely not expecting to open the door and find Felicity standing there, looking terribly out of place with her awkward stance and big blue eyes.

"Hi," she says with a smile. "I – uh, I don't usually just show up like this but I wanted to talk to you and I didn't know your number and Barry's not answering his phone and so it just seemed easier to come here, and-"

"Felicity?" Barry asks, coming up behind Len. Len shoots him a quick scowl; following Len to the door is definitely not staying put. The kid ignores him, smiling for the first time in hours, and Len can't begrudge him that.

"Oh, hi, Barry," Felicity says with a wide smile. "I should have known you'd be here, too. Did you get my papers?"

"Yeah, we got everything," Barry says, smile evident in his voice as Len eyes Felicity for a moment. She seems to be alone, but she's only carrying her purse so looks can be deceiving. She's obviously staying at a hotel, and she probably didn't come alone.

"Ollie's not here, is he?" Len asks.

"Len," Barry hisses. "Rude."

"Answer the question," Len tells the blonde woman.

Felicity blinks at him. "Um, well, you see, he kind of..."

"Yes...?"

"He might be in town," Felicity finally sighs, shaking her head. "You weren't kidding about that tone of his, Barry."