Chapter 8 - Photos

Nats POV:

I felt like bursting  out in tears but I didn't , I felt the lump in my throat get bigger as we walked down to the car. I was burning my child hood. I new it was the right thing to do but it hurt. I was about to walk into the drivers seat when Steve  pulled my arm. 

"You need to rest its been a long day"

I was too tired  to ague so I simply walked to the other side sitting in the passengers. I watched the house get smaller as we drove away. The flames slowly grew bigger and the house started to collapse. I felt the lump in my throat get bigger as we drove away, I felt my eyes watering  up so I looked out the window away from Steve. He has already seen too much of my weekness. 

Steves POV: 

I looked over at her I could tell she was trying to hold back her tears. I started to see her eyes water up, but she quickly looked away. I wanted to grab her and hug her and get her to open up but Nat would never do that. I looked over at her and she had fallen asleep she needed it, as she was sleeping tears were falling  down her face. I new she was having another nightmare . Luckily  it wasn't  as bad as the one she had the other night. I decided not to wake her, sometimes  you needed to fight through your nightmares . 

(3 hours Later)

We had just arrived  home. I sore Clints van pulled up in the drive. I guessed they came home early. I looked over at Nat, she was much more peaceful now she had gotten through her nightmare . I decided not to wake her up. I walked  over to her side and picked  her up and walked her inside .  As I walked in I heard Wanda and Clint walk over 

"Heyy" They said

I put my hand over my mouth to sush them. They sore I was holding Nat so they didn't ask questions. I walked up the stairs and placed her in bed and shut the door. I walked down into the living room and sat on the couch, leaning my head on my hands. I heard Clint, Wanda and Sam walk over I new they would be confused. 

"Dude what happened" I heard Sam ask

I looked up and started to explain  to them, starting at the nightmare to what just happened . They sat there in shock as I told them. I could tell Clint was worried and I could feel Wanda reading my thoughts.

Nats POV: 

I woke up slowly trying to recall how I got into bed. Then I realised  Steve must of carried me, I smiled to myself briefly before remembering  the events of that day.  My brain hurt but I got out of bed anyway. I went to my closet and put on my black tights and hoodie before walking down the stairs. As I walked around the corner I could see Steve on the couch, Wanda was beside him. Her eyes were glowing red I could see she was reading his thoughts. Sam and Clint were on the coach on the other side I could see their worried expression. Obviously Steve had told them the events of the last few days. I couldn't be bothered with questions and I new they wouldn't  ask so I carried on down the stairs  and sat down next to Steve. I could feel their eyes on me as i sat down. I think Steve could tell I was nervous so he put his hand around me I could see from Wanda and everyones expression they were surprised  by Steves action so I guess he didn't  tell them about the kiss which I was thankful for.

We sat there talking for a while, catching up on what they had been up too. Sam, Clint and Wanda went back to the old avenger headquarters to try sort things out with tony. Apparently it actually went pretty well but not well enough for the avengers to reunite. I got more comfortable after a while. It felt nice for everything to go back to normal after everything  that had happened  the last few days. As we sat there talking I was looking over at Steve, how did I deserve to get someone as great as him. After a-lot  of thought I decided to talk to him tonight, it was time he new who she was. He was going to find out eventually  anyway and she new if he were to leave it would be better now than later when she would be more attached to him. 

"Ok i'm out" 

Sam said standing up and stretching. We had been sitting there for a few hours talking about everything and everyone was tiered. 

"Steve, can we talk soon" I looked over at him

He nodded as we got up and started walking up the stairs.

(Sorry for the small chapter, Real thankful for all of you reading this, am getting better at updates, There will be some smut in a few chapters so will put a warning up.)