chapter ten

"calum?" ella asked softly.

"mm?" he hummed back.

"tell me about all the other ghosts with you."

"there's jay, she's been here the least amount of time. she came from new york city, she's elliot's age. you should ask elliot about jay. we know who her murderer is, but no one else but you sees us, so..." he trails off.

"anyway, there's also cathy, she's the youngest one here, at the age of eleven. her murderer is dead, so unless another ghost kills her, she's stuck in this afterlife forever. other than that, she can only die twice, like michael."

"there's freya, she's the one you saw at the party with bianca. she's dull and scary, and sort of reminds me of moaning myrtle from harry potter," ella laughed at calum's reference. "but, she's a sweet ghost once you get to know her."

"now for the boys. first off, there's michael. but you already know about him, he's gone. but there's jesse, he had a thing with freya. they both got murdered on the same night, together by the same person. so if we find one of their killers, and kill them, both are alive again."

"there's also jack. he's the toughest ghost here. he's not afraid to scare people every once in a while, and he's the one who put the knife to your throat. he's a charmer, i know."

"lastly, there's ashton. he doesn't talk much, he doesn't like to. he's been through a lot in his afterlife, and even more in his real life. when he first came here, he was confused, so he, of course, talked a lot and told me everything. i'm the only person who knows, though. poor guy's been through hell and back, he doesn't deserve to be here."

calum sighed, taking a look at ella as she looked down at the floor.

"ella?" he asked. she shot her head up to look him in the eye.

"yeah?"

"do me a favor, and find my murderer fast. you may be scared to kill people, but i'm just asking you to do it once. after that, i'll kill all their killers - jay's, cathy's, freya's, michael's, jack's, and ashton's. we'll all be normal again. our lives will be better."

he put his hand through his dead hair.

"promise me, ella?"

"i promise, calum."

so ella's gonna kill someone hey