chapter nineteen

"this is it," calum points to an abandoned warehouse. "that's where the party happened."

"it's an abandoned warehouse, calum. even i wouldn't party here."

"why do you say it like that?"

"let's just say i used to party a lot," ella mutters, getting out of her car.

when she steps on the pavement, calum's already in front of her, which scares her.

"calum, don't do that!" she whisper-yells. "if anyone sees me, they'll think i'm insane."

"what do you mean you used to party a lot?"

"why do you think i came to this small town, cal?"

he smiled when ella said 'cal'.

"i guess to make your parents proud or something."

"how do you know about my-"

"i don't. i just over heard you and elliot talking when you first moved in."

she sighs in relief. "alright, okay," ella begins to walk towards the warehouse. "what exactly is the last memory you ever had?"

"i was upstairs, on the roof, cooling off," calum starts before clearing his throat. "jason hemmings had just told me that bianca was crying on luke's shoulder. all because i turned her down. like i told you before, she likes me. i don't like her."

"so you were up on the roof and that's the last thing you remember?"

"pretty much," calum mumbles. "yeah."

"calum, do you think, that maybe, someone drugged you and killed you while you were on the roof?"

"anything's possible, ella."

"come on, i wanna see where exactly you were when you were on the roof."

they walk silently up the stairs. once they make it to the roof, calum sighs and says, "there. that's exactly where my last memory took place."

it was the corner of the roof. it was an empty place whereas the rest of the roof was filled with unnecessary garbage and debris.

"right here?" ella crouches down.

"right here," he confirms back.

"someone could've easily walked up behind you and could've done something," ella states in a monotone. "do you think it's possible?"

"i already said. anything's possible when it comes to murder."

ella sighs uneasily.

"i have two theories. you got drugged by someone and that someone found you here and killed you. or someone walked up behind you and killed you as you were drifting to sleep."

"i'm not sure about the second theory, because i clearly don't remember getting killed nor falling asleep. i wasn't even that drunk. but the first theory is a high possibility."

ella took out her phone and took a picture of the roof.

"what are you doing?"

"i really don't want to come here again. so if i ever need to, i'll have these."

he nodded feebly at her, signaling he understood.

"do you think it's time i go visit luke?"

"yeah, let's go visit the bastard."

when i posted chapter nineteen on the original ghost, it was my birthday! so im posting this on my birthday again happy birthday me. here's to 1+ years of ghost!