▪ Proceeding like this results in rupture ▪

- I hope you liked the previous chapter-

¤¤¤¤

She was feeling so a bit happy and content, given that Rudra was somewhat looking up to her. He was taking an initiative after her small hint. Maybe, he was giving her a few minutes of his to take care of her or rather be with her. She was independent to handle her life but this institution wants both of them. The last few minutes seemed comforting rather than two years of emotional drift.

A kiss might be a small thing, but for her, it was quite big as it was something, sort of a um-um surprise  in the last two years. The thirty minutes of her scooter ride to reach her office felt so smooth with the smile she had. She would never have gone until it was an urgent call. If the head had to message her to 'Reach here ASAP', It wouldn't have been easier for them either. 

Driving through the drizzling weather, she felt a bliss, a quiet, peaceful yet lovely atmosphere. She had doubted rain for herself but it was indeed a life saver. Removing the helmet, she shook off her hair and locked the scooter before she entered the building. 

With the board 'Regional Meteorological Centre' set out, she walked into it proudly, unlike the sour mood she had in the morning. It transmogrified a bit instantly than she could believe. Wishing the security with a smile, she entered inside and showed her badge and registered her biometric prints before she could enter. Entering the controlling room, she saw different types of radar and threats from different side. Moving to her table where her screens were black, she saw her colleague, Manish who was looking through a few papers..

He too had an off duty today if she remembered correctly. If both of them were called, Maya knew that something was wrong.

"Hey, Manish! How is it?" Soon a thunder struck and Manish got scared because of both of it. Both, Maya's pat and the thunder were unexpected.

"Why do you have to scare me, Maya? Seriously?" Maya had a chuckle as she settled down on her chair which was only a few meters away.

"How did you get in here being scared like this?" Maya asked with a note of sarcasm as she switched her monitors on and seated herself. She nudged him for an answer yet she felt papers being thrusted on her table. A few of them and his expression of 'take a look at them'.

"Oh, Shit!" Maya exclaimed as she read the notice!

¤¤¤

"The rains in Mumbai is expected to increase for a few days. The Meteorological Centre has announced an alert for the next three to four days. More information will be updated through news.." Rudra felt defeated at that and his shoulders went down. At the same time he wanted to spend time with Maya, things were taking a u-turn. As Rudra sat on the chair next to the dining table, he tried to message Maya. With his fingers not able to type anything, he kept his phone away and looked at Miya doing her homework.

Miya was happy with either her mumma or dadda but she loved mumma when it came to her studies because she was the one supporting her. There were two divisions for her. For the fun part, it's her dadda. For the serious and educational part, it was her mumma.

But both of them were excellent even in the opposite fields too just like her dadda was doing now. Mumma was also fun and she was the one who would be her partner-in-crime. Both of them used to be good parents in whatever they did and any teachers who saw them said that Maya and Rudra were blessed to have Miya.

"Finished studying?" Rudra asked as he saw her packing her bags.

"No dadda. Math is left. I don't understand how to do this.." She opened her book in front of him. Her handwriting was a bit too messy and that was something even the teachers had said. It was a simple addition with carryovers. As he explained with his fingers and calculations, she concentrated and made her do a few more sums on her own.