An Offer from the Passionate Past

A/N: Just a quick question before I proceed.

- Is the story becoming boring?

- How do you think it is going? (In a few words.)

▪▪▪▪▪

A slap had landed on his cheeks. Not in a manner that would cause pajn but rather in a funny way with her lips sucked inside. She expected something awful to happen and it did. His eyes showed a glint of shock but before Maya could say anything, his lips were on her pulling her more closer.

She was frozen yet he could feel him kissing her in and out. As he proceeded further, he didn't know what had gotten into him. As he ran his fingertips on her nape, she started responding to the kiss which he had gifted her. The side effects of a slap had indeed changed from another slap to a kiss.

Pushing Maya softly to the bed, she groaned making him realise what he had done...

"I am so sorry Maya! I shouldn't have.." He kept on apologising as he didn't think of her backache before pushing her to the mattress. Adjusting herself into a mich comfortable position, he looked at her.

On the other hand, the little groan let by her made him stop and he was looking so concerned right now. Tugging on his collar, she pushed him down beside her. Pecking his corner of his lips, she whispered," Hey, it's fine." Maya assured him with her eyes while he asked," Pucca?"

"Pucca.." Pulling her closer, he partially made her lie on his chest. As minutes passed, no words were spoken until Maya asked," Planning to spend time here?"

"Nope. But don't feel like spending it anywhere else. If there was work, I could have done it peacefully, but since there is no..."

"Do you regret taking a leave?" She asked looking into his eyes while he retorted immediately and shook his head," No Maya.. It's just that I haven't done anything other than working for a few months. I feel like a machine.."

He complained in the end making her think deeply before she asked, "Shouldn't we eat something? It's already one-thirty.."

"I will cook?" Rudra re-offered Maya enthusiastically remembering the offer he had made a few days back! She smiled in reply and placed her lips on his heart making him hold her much closer for a few more minutes..

---

A heart-to-heart talk, cooking food for spouse, cleaning (considered to be hectic) are the common activities in the life of parents after a kid. Looking after finances, the father is behind the better future while a mother paves the way for a better understanding and implants social skills in them.

Both of them can excel in opposite fields too and the maturity they hold is the key to a happy family. It's true that the more you fight, you love each other better but don't let ego and schedules destroy the relationship which took years to build a base.

As Rudra whisked through the mixture of coffee, sugar and water, he served it along with hot milk and ice cubes in it. Pouring it into two glasses, he saw Maya working on her laptop with a hot water bag behind her back and legs stretched across the opposite chair. Placing it on the table, he picked her legs and kept them on his lap as he sat down.

"Work?" Rudra asked while she just hummed. As she drank the coffee, she smiled which didn't go unnoticed by Rudra.

"Just stop it Rudra.." He started tickling her sole to which she started giggling..

"Rudy.. You are giving me hopes.." She spoke with her eyes in hope while Rudra nodded.

"You know perfectly to destroy a mood right?" Rudra asked to which she just shrugged her shoulders with an 'I-can't-help-it ' look. After a few minutes, she arched her head back to hear Rudra asking," What do you want for lunch?"